Sunday, May 3, 2009

Just Another Week...


Mackenzie has been rolling over for quite a while now, but this week it's all she does! She's doing a great job of rolling from her back to her tummy then back again! It is keeping me on my toes however, because now I have to think before I leave her some place to go do something. I definitely can't leave her on my bed any longer! She seems to be a lot happier too now that she is able to move about a little more....here are some action shots!

Almost there...but distracted by the ball!!

What a big girl!!!

We haven't done a lot this week. With all this swine flu hysteria taking over the world I thought it was best to just limit our expeditions out. Mackenzie is still a little congested from her school adventures so we are not going very far from home. Before this I have never really given the flu much thought. I have had it since living here and was so sick, but now that I have Mackenzie I'm a lot more cautious. I couldn't imagine her being sick like that!!
We did venture out to the scrap booking expo on Friday though. We had a good time. Mackenzie enjoyed watching everyone and everything and I enjoyed spending some money. My friend Brittny and I went last year and I didn't spend a whole lot, but this year there was a lot more that I wanted!! I don't know if maybe it was because I went on the first day this year and there was more product there, or if I just needed a good dose of retail therapy! I got some good stuff though so I was happy. Next year though I hope John is in town because I would love to take the opportunity to participate in the crops that they have! It looks like fun.
One thing I discovered while there though is that I have a new pet peeve of living in America! People will ask me if I'm from England and when I reply no I'm from Australia they always seem to say, "Ok, same thing." Now I want to say NO IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!!! :) Next time I think I'm going to reply with "So are you from Canada?" It's the same thing right!?! :)


This is my girl tonight...a little sleepy girl!

So we don't have much planned for this week. We're going to continue to stick close to home, although I am meeting up with a friend for lunch on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to that. I've been getting a little lonely lately. It gets tough sometimes being here on my own. Once I'm done with school I'm going to look around for some play groups and stuff so I can get out a little more. With John leaving again I need find some more things to do to keep me busy. I'm also hoping that this time around I can maybe meet some wives from the ship. I have friends here, but they are busy with their own lives, at least if I was able to meet some wives they would be in the same boat as me with their husbands away. I think it will be better for all of us if I can keep myself busy and happy.
We still don't know when John will be home. It could be in a matter of weeks if they allow him to come home early, or it could be July. It's so frustrating not knowing, but one thing I've learned is that the Navy doesn't care about keeping the families happy...but I won't get started on that!!

Mackenzie with her new doll Emily.

This is a doll that I got for Mackenzie a week or so ago. It's a Lamaze doll that was called Emily and she's a little loud! She crinkles and she has different textures so at first Mackenzie didn't really know what to make of her...now she loves her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jodi
I'm glad that you still went to the expo and found some good stuff. It would have been so hard to go and not spend money!

I was dying with your comment about America and Canada. But who says that Australia and England are the same thing?? Not even close to each other. WTH??!!

I can't believe how big and developed Mackenzie is getting. Crazy!