Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chrissy's Wedding!


Mackenzie all dressed up and ready for the wedding!


She looked so pretty!





Chrissy and her Dad walking down the aisle.

Yesterday was Chrissy's wedding and it was a really nice day. She got married at a golf club resort and it was a beautiful setting. Mackenzie and I went to the ceremony and I was a little nervous as to how she would behave, but she did a great job. When we arrived at the venue we met up with a couple of my friends and I think they may have over whelmed Mackenzie a little because she started screaming!! I thought that I would have to turn around and go back home before the wedding even began, but she eventually settled down.

Chrissy and Scott exchanging their vows.

The ceremony was really beautiful. They said their own vows and Scott included Chrissy's daughters into the ceremony which was really sweet. He gave them both a necklace which I thought was a nice touch.

The Marines doing their thing.


Chrissy, Mackenzie and I.

We stuck around long enough to get some photos with my friends before leaving. The reception was adults only and I am just not ready to leave Mackenzie yet. If John was home it would have been a different story, but I knew that if I had of left her with someone that I wouldn't have enjoyed myself because I would have been worrying about her. I was a little bummed to be missing out on the opportunity to hang out with my friends, but at the same time I totally respect Chrissy not wanting to be bothered by kids!


Mackenzie, Mere and I.


Mackenzie, Sasha and I.

The wedding was the big event of our week. I have been concentrating on getting my school work done and this week is my last week! I'm so excited about that!! Mackenzie's face is clearing up great and I'm hoping she eczema is not going to become a major problem for her. I have since learned this both John and I had problems with it when we were little so fingers crossed we haven't passed it on to Mackenzie. I'm now being super careful with her skin. She's plays in the bath before I wash her now so she's not sitting in the soapy water and I now pat her dry with the towel rather than rub her skin. She has become quite the giggle pot this week. Just tonight as I was trying to get her to go to sleep she was giggling...she is always making me laugh these days which I love!!
John is doing fine and trying to get everything in order in the hope that he will be leaving next week. We still don't know which is frustrating, but we should have an answer some time this week. I'm not holding my breath on it. Of course it would be nice if he does get to come home, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I will let you all know once I find out!!
Have a great week!!

No comments: