Thursday, May 7, 2009

22 Weeks



Ok, so you all know that I love Mackenzie, but there are some days where she won't even let me throw a frozen meal in the microwave so I can eat! It is so frustrating some days when all I want to do is do some dishes or make myself something decent to eat and she cries and cries and screams until I pick her up. Her bouncer hasn't been helping much lately so I decided it's time to start bribing her with fancy toys and we went over to the Exchange and I got her this thing!



It's an activity table that has a seat attached to it. The seat moves around the table so once she gets used to it she'll be able to move about the table. Eventually once she can stand on her own the seat can be removed and she still has a table. It took me forever to make the thing and when I sat her in it for the first time she screamed! She's getting used to it now, but it hasn't really distracted her as much as I hoped it would. She's still crying whenever I want to do anything!



She has also discovered her feet this week. She loves nothing better these days than to lay down, grab her feet and try put them in her mouth. Sleep time is becoming an even bigger problem for us too because now she's not happy enough to just go to sleep in Mummy's bed. Now she gets tired and starts crying. In frustration now I put her in her own bed and it's a toss up as to whether she sleeps in her bed or not. There are days when she won't go to sleep until I pick her up and then a minute later she's passed out...where am I going wrong!?! I guess she has about three more weeks of me with school and then we're putting her in her own bed permanently.
We haven't done a whole lot this week. We met up with my friend Sasha for lunch on Tuesday which was great. Apart from that I've been trying to get as much study as I can done. Everything is coming due with the end of the semester so it's time to stop procrastinating! I will get it all done, but I'll probably be finishing things right up till the last minute!
John is doing fine and we still have no word as to when he's coming home. If they let him go early we could be seeing him in a little over two weeks, otherwise we have to wait while he goes to school in Texas. I guess one way to look at it is that he'll be back close to us soon either way!!


So I finally got a shot of Nicole swimming upside down. This is how she spends most of her days. I don't know how many times I've come downstairs and thought she was dead...now I don't think twice about it, so if she does die she'll probably be floating around for a few days before I notice! Who says fish are boring pets!? :)

4 comments:

Misworld said...

My cousins baby has one of those and she loves it, hopefully it starts to distract her more

Unknown said...

That's the toy that Hayden loved when I sat him in it. I think it really helped him learn to walk too. He had to use his legs to move around which got them stronger. I'm sure she'll start loving it soon. Just show her all the fun things it does! Sorry things are tough but hopefully John will be home before you know it.

Amanda said...

Hey Jodi, hang in there, babies do these tough things to us!! Re the sleeping, I really think the problem is that she isnt used to her own cot and falling asleep on her own. Hopefully when you have finished studying it will be easier to teach her, and then you can do all those other things that are frustrating you. The activity table looks so cool, and hopefully she will like that. I bought a sling a few weeks ago and that is wonderful when I have to cook dinner etc, and James is late home and Henry is cranky. Maybe try her in one of those, she will be close to you but your hands are free. What about trying solid food with her??? I have started putting Henry in his rocker (on the bench!!! ssshhh, dont tell anyone) and giving him a rusk to play with - seems to keep him calm - and yesterday I gave him a sippy cup with water ( a non spill one). He thought that was fantastic - a bright toy he can grab and shake around and if he sucks on it just right he gets something else to do - spray water everywhere!! Stick with it, these days will be gone before you know it.

Jess said...

Wow what a contraption! Looks like that should keep her entertained for hours but I guess it will take her a little time to become familiar with it. Finn is also a little pickle when it comes to sleep - he will be dead tired but fight it all the way. And he's always at his worst when we try to sit down and eat some dinner. Even if I've managed to get him settled down, the minute we sit down and lift a fork to our mouth he will wake up crying every time! It's weird/spooky how he just seems to know we're about to eat!?!? Anyway I'm sure things will seem a little easier when you've finished with your studying - the end is in sight now! Good luck!! Lots of love to you both. xxxx