Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Trip to the Doctors

Today we went to the Doctors to see about the rash of Mackenzie's face. You may have noticed it in her photos, but she's had a bit of a rash on the left side (I think?) of her face that just wouldn't clear up. She also had it behind her ears too. Trying not to be a worried at every little bump and scratch I thought it was drool related, but I got around to making an appointment and today we went to see the doctor. It turns out that it is eczema and has become a little infected so the doctor gave us some antibiotics and a steroid type cream to clear away any infection that may be there. For the next seven or so days she has to have the medicine and the cream twice a day. Today when I gave her the medicine she LOVED it!! She was sucking on the syringe wanting more so I don't think the medication is going to be a problem for her! We have a follow up appointment with the doctor next Friday just to make sure everything is clearing up. It looks like she's going to have sensitive skin...time to start applying sunscreen!
She's doing great with her cereal too. It gets a little messy, but we're getting there. Next week my plan is to start giving her cereal twice a day, then the following week start introducing the vegetables, then fruit. I think she's going to really like the fruit if the medication is anything to go by!!
Lately as I'm trying to finish up with my school work or just check on my emails I place Mackenzie on the floor amongst all her toys so she can play. Lately she's starting rolling about the room, especially over towards my scrap booking table. The other day she was all over my albums, so I moved her away, then she moved to my draws and started messing about, then she's trying to tip over the trash can! All the toys she has in this room and she wants my stuff!! Yesterday she was at it again! This time she managed to get the draw open, but wasn't too sure what to do after that! Here are some photos of her in action!

Hmmmm....this looks interesting...I wonder what Mummy keeps in there!


Lets make Mummy think I'm playing with my own toys...


Hmmm....I wonder what's in this draw!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ha ha, love your captions! Bless her, she's going to be even harder work now! Everyone tells me to enjoy this time while Finn can't move about on his own as it gets a lot harder when you can't turn your back on them for a second. Sorry to hear about her eczema, poor little tyke. Hope it's clearing up ok. Can't wait to see some pics of her with food all over her face, her highchair, the walls, you, etc! xxx