Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleep Deprived!


Looking like a red head today!

One week down, one to go. John has been out to sea for a week now, and at times it almost feels like he was never here. Mackenzie and I haven't been doing much of anything. I'm trying hard to get Mackenzie's eczema under control, so I prefer to keep her at home in our air conditioned bubble. As you can see from the photo above her face is looking a lot better than what it has been. It's still there, but she doesn't seem to be bothered with it as much as she was and it has definitely faded a lot.
Apart from her face Mackenzie is doing great. She is so busy now! She's pulling herself up to stand on everything and is now at times trying to stand on her own. She's been able to do it for a few seconds, but most times she just lets go and falls down! I believe she's trying to give me a heart attack the way she does it! Yesterday she also managed to climb up onto the bottom step, so I guess I need to learn how to use the safety gate we got. John did tell me how to use it, but I only half listened thinking he'd be around to do it for me! She was very proud of getting up there, but proceeded to fall off it too and hasn't gone back there!

Wearing her Texas shirt my friend Nancy got her!

She's still being a pain in the butt to feed! Store bought, home made she'll eat it one day, then refuse it the next. It gets so frustrating!! She's now also starting to get mad at me for even attempting to feed her at times. Tonight I was trying to give her chicken which she tried then looked at me in absolute disgust! I then tried to mix some apple sauce into it and she tried it and again no go! I then moved on the just plain apple sauce and got in trouble for not feeding her fast enough! She is loving the finger foods however, so I'm thinking maybe tomorrow I should just grill her up a steak and let her have at it!! She loves banana! She basically eats half a banana in one sitting! I am also going to try and order some Weet Bix (for you American readers it one of the greatest Aussie cereals!!) from a on-line store here in the hope that she might like that too! The bottle is also at a stand still. Today I tried the sippy cup and she cried or should I say scream when I attempted that so I took the lid off and she drank! I think she thinks she is two already!


She's always standing up these days!

As for me I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping to well these last few nights and I'm feeling rather exhausted. Saturday nights always seem to be a restless night for me. I think because it's the weekend and people are doing more there is a lot more noise in the area, and sometimes I get myself spooked, then there is no sleeping for me. On Saturday night I think I might have gotten three to four hours sleep. Last night I figured I'd go to bed early and catch up on the sleep I missed out on and I just couldn't shut off and go to sleep. I left the tv on as it normally helps, but instead I watched one show after another, after another. I think I dozed off around 1am and was awake again around 7. I need a holiday/vacation!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Henry is being a pain in the butt to feed the last few days too - apart from custard. Just gotta keep trying and be strong the rememeber who is the boss...I'm sure both he and Mackenzie will sort themselves out again soon

Jess said...

Just wanted to say Jodi that I would definitely have to agree that you deserve a vacation! Glad to hear Mackenzies eczema is getting better. And good luck with the feeding - sounds like fun and games. xx

Belynda said...

Hey sis hows our little maccas hands folded like a little lady in the first pic ( like butter wouldn't melt) give her a big kiss for us and for you belxxxx