Friday, July 10, 2009

Sleeping Beauty



This is the new way Mackenzie has decided is the best way for her to go to sleep. Yesterday this was how I found her, and she did the same thing last night too! I should just be happy that she's going to sleep in her bed, but this doesn't seem too comfortable to me! She loves to press her face into her blanket as she's drifting off and I hate it! A lot of the time once she's asleep I have to move face as I'm scared she's going to suffocate herself. She's been sleeping in her bed really good since John left on Monday. She's still not sleeping through the night in there, but I guess we'll see what happens as John is home again today. I believe he will have the weekend plus Monday off then he's back to work. Fingers crossed the ship stays in port, that way he will be able to come home at the end of each day.

Sleeping while sitting up....not my idea of a comfortable nap!

With John having to go back to work Mackenzie and I were at a loss as to what to do this week. We didn't do much of anything. I got my hair cut on Tuesday and Mackenzie was great while I was getting that done. She sat and watched and eventually drifted off to sleep to the sound of the hair dryer. I also enrolled in my class for next semester. It's a history class, so I'm kind of looking forward to that. I enjoy history as a subject but I'm sure I'll be complaining about the work I have to do!
We also went and handed in my application form for work at my old bosses center today. I have so much work to do if I'm going to have Mackenzie ready to go to day care! She is yet to drink from a bottle, so I really have to make a start on that. I sterilized the bottles today so my plan is to start on that this weekend. I was hoping that I could breast feed Mackenzie pretty much up until she turned one, but I know pumping and carting breast milk around is going to become old kind of quick. Have I mentioned I don't want to go back to work!? :)


Mackenzie modeling her new hat!

Yesterday we got a package for Mackenzie that included a new hat and some swim wear. I got them from this company called Coolibar. It's sells hats and clothing made from sun protecting material with an SPF of around 50. Seeing as how she has inherited my skin I want to make sure we start taking care of it now as I don't want her to end up like me. She loved her hat although it's a little big. I also got her two swim suits. Thinking that the 6 month old size wouldn't last her too long I got a 12 and 18 month outfit. These things are huge!! I haven't tried the 12 month on her yet, but I can't imagine when she's going to fit into it! I will definitely take some photos when she does finally get to wear them!

I love that it's big and floppy and protects her entire face and neck!! (Ignore all the those around us...we were in the middle of playing!!)

I have no idea what we will be doing this weekend, but whatever you get up to I hope it's a good one for you!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

kids always find the wierdest ways to sleep...and never seem to mind!

Anonymous said...

Hey sis you have to love the fact that she likes wearing hats, shes so cute. love you guys bel xxx