Monday, July 20, 2009

Home Alone Again


Mackenzie sitting in her duck. (It was a gift from my friend Chrissy and is meant to be used in the bath, but Mackenzie is a bit too big for it now to go in the bath and prefers to play with it everywhere else!)

Monday morning was an early one for us! We had to drop John off at his ship by 6am. He has headed out today for I think two weeks. (that reminds me he never really did tell me when he was coming back!) Mackenzie slept through being put into the car seat and the trip, but managed to wake up when I was getting her out of the car so I didn't get to go back to bed like I wanted too. Hopefully it will be an early night for the both of us! I'm also hoping that she sleeps a little better than what she did last night. I think she'll do better now that she has "her" bed back with Daddy being gone!
We had a nice, but quiet weekend. On Saturday we went to Little Italy for some lunch. We had a beautiful bowl of pasta each and left there with full bellies and the most wonderful desserts! On Sunday we just hung out around the house and gave it a good clean. John received his stuff from Bahrain on Friday which contained a whole bunch of laundry for me! Every time he comes back these days I get a clothes hamper full of his clothes!! With Mackenzie added to the mix I can't believe how much laundry I do at times! With John's pack out we also finally got our Persian rug that John bought while he was over there. He did a really good job at picking it out! It matches our couches and is so soft! I will make sure to take some photos of it this week. I was concerned that Mackenzie would make a mess of it, but so far it's been me who has dropped something on it! New rule for the house is...no food anywhere near the Persian rug!!

Mackenzie and I at the Aquarium

On Friday Mackenzie and I went to the aquarium. We met up with my friend Marjolien (she is Dutch in case you are wondering about her name) and her two children Tim and Sanne. I used to look after Tim when I worked and became good friends with Marjolien. We like to get together and complain about our immigration and the differences here to our own countries!! Sanne is about four weeks younger than Mackenzie so once they get a little older they can be play mates! The aquarium was really nice. Mackenzie was mildly interested in the fish and we had a really nice morning.

The view from the aquarium!


Two sleeping beauties...neither of them budged when I took this!

Mackenzie started eating big people food this week and is so far loving it! Her eating has actually been a whole lot better in this past week, and she definitely loves to eat what we are eating. So far she's tried pasta, toast, bread and watermelon. For some reason I always seem to have the most problems with her in the morning...I don't think she's much of a morning person. I still haven't tried her on the bottle! John was meant to help me with that, but I guess I'll be doing that on my own too! I have got a couple ready today so my plan is to try one tonight! Fingers crossed she takes to it!!
As you can see from the photo above she's still in our bed at night. It definitely is not the best situation but none of us seem to want it any other way. Last night she did her crying thing where she's not even awake and just wants to be moved for most of the night, so I think John finally has reached his limit. He said this morning that he's going to help to get her sleeping in her own bed when he gets home. Maybe between the two of us we'll have the strength to do it!! :)

My smiling girl!

No comments: