Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Week


Hanging out with a sleepy girl.

Another week down and not a lot to report here. Mackenzie and I have been taking things easy and sticking close to home. My main goal of this week was to try and get Mackenzie eating a decent meal! We had good days and bad days and she seems to be becoming more vocal about when she's had enough! In fact she's becoming more vocal about everything! She is definitely preferring to eat finger foods, and her pincer grip seems to be getting better with each meal. The bottle and sippy cup are still not happening, but hopefully when John comes home we can work on that!
I finally went online to this site that sells Aussie food here and have stocked up on some goodies! I got some weet bix in the hope that Mackenzie will eat them, green cordial (my favourite!), some biscuits/cookies and some saos/crackers! It arrives tomorrow and I can't wait!

This is part of our bath time routine...she loves to look at reflection and play with the taps!

John comes home tomorrow and I can't wait to see him. I'm hoping that he'll have some time off when he gets back, but he has not been able to tell me yet. On facebook I've joined the ships page and the ships family readiness group and so far they have been very informative. They have been having little get togethers and so far I've managed to miss them because I see the notice after the event. I'm hoping that I can attend one and meet some fellow wives and make some friends. It would be nice to be able to have someone who experiencing the separation with me.

Mackenzie loves her bath time!

No comments: