Tuesday, July 21, 2009

No Mackenzie!


No climbing on the tv!

Mackenzie is a very busy little girl these days! Now that she can crawl she's everywhere. Her latest trick is to pull herself up to stand so now nothing is safe! I now find myself saying "No Mackenzie" over and over again! "Be careful", "You're going to fall", "No touching", "Stop Mackenzie"...the list goes on!

No touching Mummy's books!

Be careful Mackenzie

No touching the books

No touching Mummy's Wii stuff!

These are all the photos I have so far. Other trouble spots are the cable cord (she loves to either pull or chew on it), any remote she can get her hands on and the trash can/garbage bin in the bathroom. She is getting so good at pulling herself up to stand, and she's not scared to try and stand without the support of something. I guess it's walking next!
Today I took her back to the doctors about her eczema. Her face is getting bad again and when you add her scratching to the mix I'm a little scared she's going to end up with scars on her face. I saw a different doctor today and he loaded me up with a bunch of creams and stuff. He also gave me some medicine which is meant to stop her scratching. I have to give her that three times a day, the medical creams twice a day and I need to keep her moisturized at least three times a day! Fingers crossed it will clear up once and for all.
She did great at the doctors she was smiling at whoever would look at her, and did not cry for the doctor! When you go to the clinic here once you check in they eventually call you to a room where they take their vitals (height, weight, temp etc) and to do this they ask you to strip them down to their diaper/nappy. I was sitting with Mackenzie after this and she was half wrapped in her pink blanket. She was smiling at a couple of nurses and when they walked past one of them said to the other "I think you have a boyfriend there." It stresses me out when people call her a boy...does she look like a boy? I mean she was sitting there in a PINK blanket!! This is a big reason why I always dress her in mainly pink when we go out!

1 comment:

jess said...

Ha, I bet her first word will be 'NO'. You're really gonna need eyes in the back of your head now! By the way, she does not look like a boy! I get your frustration though - a few people have referred to Finn as she and he was head to toe in blue each time! One woman looked completely shocked when I corrected her!! Think it happens to every baby at one time or another tho. Hope you see an improvement in her eczema soon, poor little thing. xx