Monday, April 6, 2009

Sitting Up Like a Big Girl!


Mackenzie sitting up with the help of the Boppy!

So Mackenzie is sitting up kind of on her own which is making her Mummy very proud!! I still put the Boppy behind her for a little security, but she's able to maintain her balance for a decent amount of time! She's growing up way too fast!

Leaning forward for the camera!


We had a very quiet weekend. We didn't leave the house, just relaxed and took things easy. Sunday night saw me madly typing away as I left some of my study until the last minute and Mackenzie decided that she wanted to stay up late that night! I got my work in a little late, but hopefully I won't lose too many points. This week is my Spring Break. I don't have to do any of my weekly work, but I will be working on some of my bigger assignments. My semester ends I believe around May 20 so I can almost see the finish line now! At times I've felt that studying was not one of my best decisions, but I am kind of proud of myself that I've managed to get these classes completed with decent grades so far! I am feeling a little over the whole study thing at the moment. I just feel like I've been doing it forever and I want to be done once and for all. Unfortunately I still have quite a few classes to go before I'm done.


Today we went to the zoo with a friend of mine. I met her when I looked after her little boy at work. It was great seeing him too. He's grown so much! She had a little girl roughly a month after Mackenzie was born so eventually she'll have a play mate when they get to that stage. Today turned out to be a pretty hot day so I didn't take Mackenzie out of the stroller too much, but I think she had a good day just the same. I got a great work out in however pushing her up all those hills! I might have to go to the zoo more often as I'm sure I'll be feeling a little sore tomorrow!

Mackenzie all ready for the zoo in her hat that Grandma Chris got her!!

Tomorrow we have Mackenzie's four month old check up which means more shots! I'm not looking forward to that! I hope that it goes well and I manage to hold back my tears!! Then on Wednesday it's my birthday. I don't even want to say how old I will be...I'm getting old! I am going out to dinner with the girls which should be fun. I was going to stay home feeling sorry for myself, but my friend Chrissy arranged dinner so I'll be happy to be out and surrounded by friends. It's times like these that I miss John even more.
Speaking of John, he finally made it back to Bahrain!! It's been great to get to talk to him again and he says that he shouldn't be going out to sea again before he leaves, but I won't hold his command to that! He is telling me that he should be home early June for a few days before heading to Texas for a month to go to school. It's going to be great to have him home, although I'm not looking forward to having him come home only to leave again. The life of a sailor's wife!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis, can't believe how big my little princess is getting shes so cute... I think mum nearly cried when she saw Macca in her little hat holding onto suzie... love you lots miss you bel xxx

Unknown said...

Hey Jodi. I can't believe how red Mackenzie's hair is looking! Happy early bday and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow for dinner.

Misworld said...

Shes getting so big now, i cant believe it