Monday, April 20, 2009

Aussie! Aussie Aussie!


A little Aussie in the making!!

We have been having some really hot weather the last few days, so Mackenzie has been getting to break in some of her summerish clothes! Last night I put her in her Aussie outfit. Unfortunately she didn't seem to appreciate it because we ended up having a night of crying and screaming until she finally went to sleep. I told her that she wouldn't be able to wear it again if she kept crying...but maybe that was what she was going for? :) Today when she woke up I was changing her when she peed all over it and I had to change her...do you think she's trying to tell me something!?! :)
Today we headed out to get some groceries and it was hot! They said at one point it was 97 degrees, which is about 34 for you Aussies! I guess I've been away from Darwin for too long because I was back home as soon as I could get there and we've been enjoying the air conditioning ever since!

All dressed up and ready to go!

On Saturday we had my friend Chrissy's bridal shower. Mackenzie looked cute and got to wear her shoes for the first time. I think I might enjoy playing dress up a little more than she does, but she wore them without complaining! Anyway we had a good time at the shower and Mackenzie spent her time looking at everyone and smiling at them. We were actually gone for a big part of the day and she was very well behaved considering she slept maybe 30 minutes!

A self portrait Mackenzie took of herself when I didn't have enough hands!


Me, Mackenzie and Chrissy!

On Wednesday through Friday we are actually going to help Chrissy out at her home day care while her sister goes away. I don't know how Mackenzie is going to be having to share her Mum, but I hope she enjoys herself. My only real concern is her going to sleep. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics of her first day care experience!
I got my paper written and handed in with 16 minutes to spare! I think I did ok, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I have about 5 weeks left of school I think so the end is near! At the moment I don't want to do anymore study, but if I don't I'll never get this degree completed. I am going to take the summer off and then I think I'll just do one class in the fall. With John going away again I don't want to take on too much, but I think it's important that I don't give up all together. I do want to thank everyone who sent me a little message of encouragement...I really appreciated getting to read them! It was definitely what I needed!

Me and my girl. (finally a photo we didn't have to take ourselves!)


Mackenzie in her dress Auntie Binny got her!

No comments: