Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Enjoy Each Day....

I have a blog that I want everyone to check out. Yesterday's Oprah was about not so ordinary Dad's! There was a single Dad with nine children, mostly adopted. An gay couple and their adopted family. The heartbreaking story of a solider who met his little guy once before being killed in Iraq, but left him the most amazing journal full of advice and wisdom. Then there was this guy called Matt. His story broke my heart, and I could cry now just thinking about him.
In March of last year his daughter Madeline was born. She was premature and his wife Liz had been on bed rest for the last five weeks before Madeline arrived. I believe the following day after Madeline was born Liz was getting ready to go and meet her daughter for the first time when she felt dizzy and dropped to the fall and basically died. She had a blood clot.
So now Matt is left to raise Madeline alone and work through his grief and this blog tells their story. I have read quite a few pages of it and it just breaks my heart to read it. I haven't been able to bring myself to read anything from before Madeline was born because I know it's going to be full of their excitement for the baby! He doesn't really hold anything back, this includes swearing, but if you can get past that it's an amazing story. Madeline is the cutest little thing, and it just makes you want to appreciate what you have and those you love a little more.
The address is: http://www.mattlogelin.com/
Let me know what you think!

No comments: