Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mackenzie's First Easter!


All dressed up for Easter!

Today was Mackenzie's first Easter and although she had no idea what the big deal was I think she enjoyed playing with her new stuff! Things are a little different here. They don't have the variety of chocolate eggs like they do at home. Placing little eggs and other treats into plastic eggs is the thing to do so I got Mackenzie some plastic eggs, so she could pick them up and I also got her a little bunny and a Easter book. We've been reading the book for a week or so now and she seems to like it!

Her cute little bunny tail!

Of course I just had to get her a Easter outfit! She had bunnies on her feet and a cute little tail. The outfit was a little too big, but she did fine. I also picked up a hat at some point which she just looked the cutest in! Next year though I'm sure she'll have a lot more fun!

Poor Suzie got thrown to the back ground while she played with her Easter stash...she was soon back in Mackenzie's arms though!

Her cute bunny hat!




Our Easter self portrait...I didn't think to fix my hair!


Her Easter book!

We had a quiet day for my birthday. We went out to dinner with the girls and that was nice. Mackenzie spent her time looking at the girls and frowning! This week her sleeping has kind of changed. She's sleeping a lot more during the day which is great, but staying up a little later at night. I've managed to get used to the change, so hopefully my study will still all get done. I had this week off of school which was nice! Unfortunately though I didn't make the most of the extra time I had, so this week I'll be madly working through my assignments that are due next Sunday. I'm coming into the home stretch now and I'll be real glad when I'm done!
I've been having problems recently in bathing Mackenzie. She is getting too big for her bath and that was posing all sorts of problems. I was bathing her on top of our bathroom counter and sometimes when she moves she would send water flying. This week she created a real mess! She sent so much water flying that I had water going into the draws and everything! So I now have moved her into her bathroom, which she is slowly getting used to. She kind of freaks a little when a lower her into the bath. She's definitely not ready to go into the big bath yet so today I got her a little seat to move her out of the baby bath. She seemed to enjoy her bath today and it was a little easier for me!
John is doing fine and is enjoying a little break at the moment after two months at sea. He keeps telling me that he shouldn't go back out to sea before he leaves, but I'll believe that when I see it. As of yet he still doesn't know the ship's schedule either so we don't know how soon he will be deploying again. I just really hope he doesn't join the ship only to leave again! In some ways it could be ok to just get it out of the way while Mackenzie doesn't understand, but at the same time I don't want him to totally miss out on her first year. Just keep your fingers crossed for us that he doesn't have to go anytime soon.

In her new bath seat!

On a funny note...I guess I am now getting some pay back from when I was a kid. I can always remember my Dad getting upset with us kids when the news was on. I guess we would always get loud at that time and he would always say to us, "Why do you always want to talk and make noise as soon as the news comes on!" Well Mackenzie seems to have learned that news time is crying time! Every time, especially when it is something I want to hear she starts crying and I always think of my Dad!

1 comment:

Misworld said...

She looks so adorable. Its funny at that age, we dress them all up and they have no idea whats going on