Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Quick Up Date!

As you all know I went to the see the midwife on Monday and thought I'd let you know what happened. I finally got to talk to John yesterday and wanted to tell him first so he wasn't the last to know. Anyway the good news is that the baby is doing good and growing well. I got to hear her heart beat which was within the normal range and the midwife also measured my tummy and said that the baby is growing well for age. She's not getting too big yet!
The kind of bad news is that my blood sugar levels are not getting better and I'm about one step away from having to go on insulin. I basically have the insulin sitting in my fridge now waiting to be told I have to take. At the moment I'm on medication as my last chance. It's a medication that regulates my blood sugars a little better and it doesn't pass through the placenta so the baby is safe. At the moment I'm taking it once a day for a week, then I move to taking it twice a day. I'm also back to see the doctor next Monday so they can monitor how I'm going. I will no longer be dealing with midwives as my pregnancy is moving into the complicated category. From now on I'll be dealing with doctors at the hospital. Today has been the first day that I've noticed a big drop in my sugars (especially my early morning one) so I have my fingers crossed that I can get the levels under control without the insulin.
Although I'm a little worried about all this I'm doing fine. I still feel ok and I'm getting along fine without John. My only complaint in life is my ankles...they can get pretty swollen some days, especially when I don't sit down enough at work. John is doing fine and arrived safely in Bahrain minus his bags. They finally caught up with him yesterday, so he's a lot happier with his stuff there. He's settling in and will probably begin to look for an apartment this weekend. All is well and I'll write more on the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the medication works and you don't have to start the insulin. Glad to hear that John arrived safely and that you and bubs are doing well otherwise. Keep us updated. Lots of love Jess xx