Sunday, July 20, 2008

Latest Pic


Well here is the latest photo of our yet to be named little girl! Although we wanted a boy we are excited all the same. After all a healthy baby is all you can really ask for. At the moment the battle of the names has begun. John wants Cheyenne and there is no way we are naming her that!! So far our list has two names, Mackenzie and Kylee. I've chosen Kylee because I discovered that it's actually an Australian name. It's an Aboriginal word for boomerang. Anyway I would love every one's opinion on the names and I'll let you know of any more we come across as I spend hours going through websites.
My gestational diabetes is going ok I guess. I'm getting a lot faster at taking my blood sugar, but I don't think I'll ever get used to pricking my finger!! I've totally done over my eating and it really hasn't been too much of a dilemma. I'm actually still getting plenty to eat, this just ensures that I'm eating the right foods and the right portions. It's actually quite alarming really when you have a look at how much we over eat by. The one thing that is really driving me crazy is having to limit my milk intake. I love milk and I thought pregnancy would give me free reign on how much of it I can drink. I love big glasses of it and can't do it anymore...not happy about that!
Yesterday we went and saw The Dark Knight and it was fantastic!! It has to be one of the best films I have seen in a really long time. Heath Ledger's performance was amazing, and when you think about it it really is sad that we will no longer be able to see him do roles like that. I recommend everyone go see it. John and I are still talking about it! I really liked the first one, but this one was much better! I think it's going to be a hard movie to top when they move onto the next one!
Apart from that I'm just enjoying the last few days I have left with John. It's hard to even process that he'll be gone for a year. It sounds so long! He did find out that it's highly likely that he will be able to come home for the baby's birth so really I'll be seeing him again in about four to five months! So think of me on those days when your other half is getting on your nerves and try not to take having them around all the time for granted!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Jodi I'm soooo happy to hear that John will probably be there for the baby's birth. That is fab news! I'm sorry you have to put yourself through all that stuff because of the diabetes. I know what you're saying about portion sizes though. Mark and I are always polishing off dinners that are apparently meant to serve 4 people. Easily! We are such piggies. Anyway, keep us updated on the names. I like the Aussie connection with Kylee, but Mackenzie is cool too. Lots of love. Jess x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodes I'm so happy to hear you're having a girl -- you're so lucky!! My only advice with the name is that it ends in a vowel, it's softer & more feminine! Hope you're looking after yourself & enjoy the time with John. So glad to hear he'll be back for the birth too. Lots of love, Mel xox