Sunday, August 3, 2008

One week down 51 to go!


Here's a photo of me I took before going out last night....you can see a belly, but remember a lot of it was there before!! (smile)

Is there any point in counting down the time till John comes home? I don't know about you guys but 51 weeks just sounds crazy. How do I count a year down without making myself miserable!?! I think for now I'm not even going to start counting down anything...it just depresses me!
Well apart from being a little lonely I'm doing fine. I had a nice weekend and got out and did some shopping, so that always makes a girl feel good. I had to buy a dress for my friend's wedding next weekend and I also ended up buying some tops that were on sale. This was my first venture into buying maternity clothes. So far my pants are still fitting me ok as I already had a belly. With the changes to my diet at the moment my pants are starting to feel a little loose again so I might get some more wear out of them before I have to find maternity pants.
Last night I went out for my friends bachelorette party (or hen's night as you Aussies know it.) I just went to the dinner part of it as I'm currently on the wagon. I didn't want to be surrounded by drunk people and be the only sober one! It was a good night while I was there, and from what I've heard it continued on to be a good one. I'm seeing on the girls myspace profiles that some are feeling a little under the weather...I don't miss that feeling at all! As I've already mentioned next week is the wedding so I'm looking forward to that. I'll be sure to take some photos!
My sugar levels are doing well now that I'm on the medication. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping that they will be happy with my progress too. I really don't want to have to take insulin so keep your fingers crossed for me that the doctor thinks I'm on the right track. As for the baby she's doing fine. We still don't have a name for her yet and I think I'm now feeling her move about! With adjusting to the diabetes and all that comes with it I kind of lost my perspective a little, but now that I'm more into the routine of it all I'm back to being excited about it all! I just need to start shopping one of these days!
John is doing fine and I get to speak to him probably every other day, which has been nice. It's taking me a little longer to adjust this time, and I'm guessing it's just because I'm pregnant. He needs to find a place to stay in the next week or so as I'm sure living in a hotel gets old fast!
Oh, I almost forgot! This week I finally got a letter from the Immigration Department letting me know that they have removed the conditional part of my residency so now I am official a permanent resident of the United States. I believe I have about 5 years or so before I can apply to become a citizen, but I'll make that decision when it comes time. I do get to keep my Australian citizenship which is good otherwise I wouldn't even consider it!! I'm always going to be an Aussie and proud of it!! I'll be doing my best to cheer on the Aussies at the Olympics even though I probably won't see too much of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute baby belly Jodi! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, Congratulations!! Saw Bel here in Sydney recently and she updated me on what's going on with you guys. Glad to hear that you're doing well. We're still in Sydney and I'm loving it here.

Anonymous said...

hey jod's
you're looking good!
glad to hear the diabetes is getting under control.
miss you, marns xxx

Anonymous said...

Jodi, Hi! It's Jennifer your S-I-L from Oklahoma. I love your blog! You are looking great!