Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Weekend.


Me and my friends, from left: Meredith, Chrissy, Me, Sasha, Jennifer and Brittny!



This weekend I had my friend's bridal shower which was a lot of fun. It's always nice to see the girls out of work and I also got to catch up with a few of the girls that I used to work with so that's always good. My friend Jennifer is also pregnant so I got to talk baby talk and compare our pregnancies. Sasha (the bride) got some real nice gifts and the goodie bag we got was real cute too. It contained little food items that related to her and her future husband. For example there was pineapple juice to represent the marriage proposal in Hawaii and some microwave popcorn for their first date which was a movie.
We had Dakota over this weekend and she had a great time with her Dad. It's her last weekend here before John leaves so they went to the movies together and did some other stuff. By the time John sees her again I'm sure she is going to be a completely different person as she will be 13 this year. I have left her an open invitation to come over whenever she likes. I'm sure she want to spend more time here once the baby comes.
Speaking of the baby this is the week where we find out if it's boy or girl. I can't believe it's here already!! As you already know we are hoping for a boy, but we'll be happy either way. My cousin Amanda was wanting a girl and got a boy, so I'm a little nervous we will go down the same path. We have names for if it's a boy, I want Aaden and John wants Wyatt, but no girl names yet. I've told John if he wants Wyatt he needs to be here for the birth!! I'm still feeling good and I'm starting to feel my stomach change. I had a belly to begin with so I don't really have a pregnant tummy. I'm also not sure if I've felt the baby kick yet as I really don't know what that feels like. I'm hoping I get to feel it soon. It would be nice for John to get to feel that before he leaves.
John checked into his school on Friday and is back to work tomorrow. It was really nice to see him all cleaned up and back in uniform!! I tolerate the mustache, but much prefer him clean cut! Next weekend will be our last weekend together...it's makes me want to cry just typing those words! Having him leave with my pregnant emotions is going to be terrible! I won't think I'll be answering the phone that weekend! My friends are being great already and promise to keep me busy so I'll be ok once I get over the initial leaving part. I'll use that weekend to cry and mope around, then I'll pick myself up and get on with it. If it's one thing I've gotten used to it's having to be apart!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

baby kicking - thats how I had a sneaky suspicion that this one was a boy - he doesnt stop moving!!!!! We are at the point now where I can see my stomach move and everybody can feel it. But I so dont appreciate the big thuds into my bladder!! It also depends on where your placenta is as to how much kicking you will feel - mine is at the back, so I'm getting lots of kicks. My friends frist pregnancy her placenta was at the front and she hardly felt anything the whole pregnancy. Hope you get your boy - but please not Wyatt!! You need an Aussie name seeing as John already has a Dakota.