Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home Alone

John left yesterday, and I guess I'm doing ok. I had my cry yesterday and so far today I've been tear free. I'm sure that will all change once he calls. I'm hoping that he made it to Bahrain safe and sound. I'm waiting for him to call, but I imagine after all that flying he was pretty tired once he finally got there. As you can imagine my weekend has been a pretty quiet one. I haven't left the house since getting back from the air port as I don't want to miss his call. I'll be back to work tomorrow and will hopefully get a routine started. I didn't sleep too good last night so I'm hoping that won't last too long.
All is well with the baby and I'm off to see my mid wife tomorrow. I unfortunately have to go to a new one as my other one was sent to Afghanistan for 14 months. She told me my new one is just as good as her so I'm hoping I like her as much as I liked my old one. The diabetes is going ok although I was a little down about it all last week. It gets frustrating at times having to measure everything out and watching what you eat. Yesterday when I came home all sad I ate something I knew I shouldn't be and got a real shock when I checked my sugar levels. I think it was the reality check I needed to get my back on track. I'm a little scared that they may want to put me on insulin because my sugar levels are too high in the morning. All through out the day (especially when I'm doing the right thing) my levels are fine, but it's just this morning one. I'm dreading tomorrow. I don't want to have inject myself!! Keep your fingers crossed for me that this won't be the case. I'll let you all know how the appointment went tomorrow!

No comments: