Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's a girl!?!

Well we got the news yesterday that they believe the baby is a girl! It wasn't the clearest of pics, but I imagine if you can't see any dangling parts then it will more than likely be a girl. Even though we were hoping for a boy we are happy just the same!! We have no idea about a name yet, but I'll let you know once we both can decide on one! I also got some more pics, but I'll scan them on the weekend.
Along with the good news came some bad news too...I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Yesterday I had to go to a little class and talk about meal plans and stuff, then I had to learn how to take my blood sugar levels. So now I have to measure everything I eat and drink and I have to stick a needle in my finger two hours after my meals and when I wake up. I don't like the needle part!! I've also been told that I have a very high chance of contracting type 2 diabetes in the future, so once the baby is born I need to lose some serious weight. I've always known that I could afford to lose some, but this is has been a big wake up call for me. So this means, MUM AND BINNY NO CHOCOLATE WHEN YOU VISIT!!!!

No comments: