Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July





The USS George Washington was part of our fireworks back drop!
Well this week I went back to work, and so far it hasn't been that bad. Yesterday morning though I almost had a heart attack when my alarm didn't go off. I woke up at 5:35am which at that time normally I'm already on the road. I got dressed, brushed my teeth and hair and was out the door. Not the best way to return to work!! Upon coming home I looked at my alarm clock and realised that I had set the alarm correctly, I had just set the actual time up wrong! (the am was in the pm!) I didn't make the same mistake today!!
This weekend was a long weekend for us as it was Independence Day. We took it easy for most of the day and then headed down to the Navy base to watch the fireworks. Every year they do a big fireworks show over San Diego bay and one of the benefits of being military is that you can go on base and watch and not have to deal with a lot of crowds. We went early (probably a little too early) and had dinner (hot dogs...very American) and then hung out and watched the sun set.
We also took my Sequence game along and John managed to kick my butt five times!! I told him that I let him win because it was his day!
John impressed that I'm making him pose for yet another photo!! (what do you think of the holiday moustache?)
Anyway the fireworks were great and it didn't take us too long to get home! We didn't do much else over the weekend, just stuck close to home and I slept in. Now that I'm back at work John is back to painting. He is now working on the kitchen, dining room and lounge room and is about
half way through. Once he's done and everything is
back to normal I'll take some photos.
My dismal attempt to capture the fireworks!
Nothing new to report baby wise. I'm still feeling good and have no real complaints except for a stuffy nose. I guess I'm starting to get a bit of a belly, but it's kind of hard to tell because I had a belly to begin with! (smile) The one thing I do like is that I finally have nails!! The prenatal vitamins give you the best nails and I'm taking advantage! I love my nails!

No comments: