Friday, July 4, 2008

No Work and Loving It!


John and I at the park!
Well I had this week off work to spend some time with John before he leaves and it's been great. Nice to not have to get up at 5am, and we have really had a relaxing week! On Wednesday we went to the Wild Animal Park and had a lot of fun. It's located in what they call inland San Diego and it was HOT!! There was a lot of walking, a lot of hills and it wore me out! The zoo set the park up if I remember correctly in the 70s so that they could breed animals and eventually they decided to turn it into a tourist location. The layout is really beautiful and they have a lot of animals there. At one stage you go on a bus-like tour and they show you a bunch of animals. The guide on the tour said that they have a few endangered species there and what they do is breed them till they get a good enough population then return back into the wild.
The deers that you could go into the enclosure and touch.


A tortise that was part of the park's animal encounter attractions.

We got to see a Black Rhino and according to the guide that it was one of eight left in the entire world. I got a couple of pics but not the best as he was hiding in the grass. We got to see elephants, giraffes, spring boks, lots of deer looking things that I can't remember their names, lions, cheetahs, tigers, a bald eagle and some other animals. It really was a good day although next time I go it won't be in Summer!

The baby giraffes who were really cute!

One of about five gorillas they have there...they were really big!


They had lots of baby elephants there...this one was cute but not the smallest (he wouldn't let me get a photo of him!)
My sugar test went fine, although I don't know the results yet. They had to draw my blood four times which got a little old, but I survived! My veins are not always the easiest to find so I was a little nervous at having to get stuck so many times. The first time was quick and easy. The next hour it was a trainee and she kept losing my veins so I got stuck something like three or four times, both arms, before the technician took over and used the first vein. So for the next two times they used the same vein and I survived! Fingers crossed it turns out ok!

No comments: