Monday, June 30, 2008

Life Without Medication!

It's been a long weekend. Thursday night I came down with either a head cold or allergies so I spent most of my weekend sick with a runny nose. It's tough not being able to just pop some medication and get on with it! I'm beginning to feel a lot better now though, so I'm hoping it was just a head cold. As you can imagine I did very little over the weekend. A lot of sleeping and watching TV. I have no photos for you this entry because I just feel so blah!!
The painting is coming along and John is doing a great job. This week I'm off of work so there will be no painting, but he tells me that he'll get it all done by next week. He got our room and bathroom completed this week which meant three nights on an air mattress. This was also when I was sick so you can't imagine how good it felt to be back in our bed Saturday night! Half way through Friday night I gave up and slept on the couch because my back couldn't take it anymore!! I guess I'm not as young as I used to be!
I got a call from my midwife today and she told me that my blood sugar levels are a little over so I have to go in for a three hour test. The desired number is 135 and I had 138 so I have to do this next test so see if I'm at risk of gestation diabetes. Tomorrow I'm going in for that and I believe I drink the sugar drink then each of the three hours they take blood. I'm not looking forward to this as my veins aren't always so easy to find! Apart from that everything is going well with the pregnancy. We've booked our ultra sound for the 16Th of July, so by then we will know if we're having a boy or a girl! (keep your fingers crossed for a boy!)
This week we don't have too many big plans. We are possibly going to head up to LA and have a look around Hollywood, then on Friday it's Fourth of July so our plans for that are to head over to our spot on the Navy base and watch the fireworks. It's a lot less crowded there. John also got his itinerary for Bahrain today and will be leaving here July 26. It's becoming real now and with my emotions being crazy I think taking him to the airport is going to be horrible! I'm going to need the weekend to recover from that! It's such a hard place to be in because of course you don't want him to go, but at the same time you want to get it started so you can get it over with. I just hope the year flies by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jodi, good luck with your blood sugar test. i was the same with jakey but all worked out good.
thinking of you. janine.xxx

Amanda said...

aah, the joys of colds and allergies when you are pregnant - without fail, in each of my pregnancies I get a major cold and can do absolutely nothing for it. And good luck with that sugar test too. I had it with Jamie, and promptly vomited the whole stuff up, so had to try again the next week. Managed to avoid the test with Thomas and hope to avoid it with this one too. So funny, that you are wanting a boy and we are wanting a girl. Want to bet that we both get it the wrong way around!! Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better now Jodi and that they didn't stick too many holes in you for your blood sugar test. Happy 4th July, enjoy the holiday! Lots of Love Jess xx