Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!


This was taken a week or so ago of Mackenzie trying to get into our shower...don't even remember if I've put these up before!



It's been a while since I've updated this...sorry! Since John got home we've been non stop! I haven't even taken any pics of Mackenzie, and I know that's what some of you come here for!! John got back on Friday and it's great to have him home. This week he's at school and he goes on leave at the end of next week. He is now also on a schedule were he has duty for one day then the next two days off. So in between his working we are trying to get a lot of stuff done!
We will be leaving for Disneyland next Thursday and will be spending three nights up there. We are staying at the California Hotel and I'm really excited about that! I have been wanting to stay there forever, but it's the most expensive of the three hotels in the park so we always think that it's too much money. Recently Belynda got sent a discount voucher to our house so we called to try and take advantage of that, but they wouldn't let us. Because Belynda's name was on it she had to be there, but John asked for military discount and we got the room even cheaper than what the voucher was offering! We got a 30% discount!! We normally only stay two nights, but with the room so cheap we are going to enjoy a third. I can't wait to take Mackenzie there! There will definitely be plenty of pictures for the blog once we go!
Mackenzie is doing great and had her 9 month check up yesterday. We had to play catch up with her shots unfortunately, so we both had to go through the trauma of that again! She had a slight fever yesterday and was a little irritable, but apart from that she was her usual self. She is still being a pain to feed, but has continued to put on weight and is in the 50th percentile, so I guess it's just Mummy worrying because that's what she's meant to do right? =)
Over the weekend we went and did some shopping for Mackenzie's Christmas and birthday. We got the big stuff so John was involved and so I didn't have to go out and get it and become a potential target for those who love to rob people in parking lots at that time of the year! For her birthday we got her this push along thing that plays music and we basically gave it to her already, so I guess I'll have to get her something else!
I got news about my job and could be starting as early as September 8th! I'm feeling a little over whelmed about it, but at the same time probably just need to get it started so we can get into a routine. I tear up just thinking about leaving Mackenzie even though I know she's going to be right near me! John will still be on leave at that time so if we do start then the plan is to have him come and pick her up at about lunch time so she's not there all day for her first week. She's still not drinking milk/formula from a bottle so it's going to be tough for all involved!! I will let you all know about that once I get official word!
School also started this week, so on top of everything else we have going on I'm trying to find time to get that done! It's only one class thank goodness, but you will no doubt hear me complain the whole semester!! =) I guess the busier I keep myself the quicker this deployment will go by...that's what I'm telling myself anyway! Be in touch again soon!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

wow! you sure are busy, have fun at Disneyland...sigh...wish there was an Aussie Disney!!