Friday, August 14, 2009

Please Daddy Can We Go to Disneyland!!?


Mackenzie's Minnie Mouse Princess ears that Auntie Binny got her.

So, the other day John sent me a forward that talked about a whole bunch of stuff that you can do through the military. At first I gave it a quick glance and went about my day. Later on I figured why not take a closer look at it, after all I might find something I might actually want to do. Reading through it I saw info on golf, the swimming pools, a up coming fun run/walk, bowling and the free cinema just to name a few! Then I came across the info about the ticket agent.
One of the perks of being in the military is that they often get cheaper tickets to fun parks and a whole bunch of other stuff. There is a little office on base that you can go to and buy discounted tickets. John obviously didn't read the email before sending it to me because now he's in all sorts of trouble!!

Do these look like begging eyes?

At the moment Disneyland is offering the military an appreciation ticket. This basically means that active military members can get a free three day pass to Disneyland! It also gets better because they can also buy three day tickets for the price of a one day ticket for up to five members of their family!! I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND!!! We normally go once a year but because Mackenzie is little and with John deploying we have no plans to go, but how can we not go now!?! I'm pretty sure John is regretting ever sending me the email because I'm now doing the whole "Can we please go to Disneyland" routine! Today I took these photos of Mackenzie and she "wrote" Daddy an email asking if we could go. At first I (whoops, she) sent him one including all of these photos, but it got returned saying it was too large, so now my idea is that she's going to write to Daddy every day asking, with a new cute photo included! (Maybe I should have put her in her I love Daddy outfit?) Do you think I'll, I mean we will eventually get my/our way? =)

"Please Daddy!!"


"I promise I'll be a good girl!"


"I really, really, really want to go!"


"Please Daddy!!"

Last night we went to the family readiness meeting and it was ok. I got lost on the way and ended up being a little late so by the time I got there I think I missed the introductions and what not. I guess there were more people there than they anticipated because there were kids everywhere! I met a couple of the ladies and they were nice. One girl that I mainly spoke to unfortunately is going home for the deployment, but it was nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing I am. Another girl was from England! She told me that she's always asked if she's from Australia. I told her I'm always asked if I'm from England! I think once I get a little more comfortable and mingle a little more it should be a good opportunity to meet some people.
Keep your fingers crossed for us that we can influence Daddy into letting us go to Disneyland!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

love it! Keep going with the begging....

Unknown said...

That could be the best idea ever. John's going to crumble, I can see it already with how cute she looks!!

Belynda said...

Macca looks so cute, I'm glad the ears are finaly fitting her :)... Your so going to be going and I'm so jelous xxx