Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8 Months Old


A big girl now she's 8 months old!

Yesterday Mackenzie turned 8 months old and I can't believe how fast this year is going by! She's going to be one before I know it! We didn't do a whole lot yesterday, just waited around for Daddy to call us so we could go pick him up from the ship. Unfortunately because he is with security he has to make sure everyone gets off the ship, so he doesn't get to come off with the majority of the sailors and marines. It was good to see him just the same however even if it was a little later than everyone else! By the time we did get the call Mackenzie was napping so I had to wake her up to get her in the car. She did great on the trip there and back, but when John went to get her out of the car she started to scream. She wouldn't let him get her out and then she cried if he said anything! She is getting into that stranger anxiety stage, but I mainly see it in her when she is tired...I think that was the case yesterday. After her dinner and some time she was smiling and climbing all over him!
John is doing good apart from a bit of a cold. Unfortunately he has duty today, so while the rest of the crew gets to enjoy a day off he's stuck on the ship for the entire day! We just don't seem to be able to catch a break here! He is back out to sea again next Monday and then after that I believe he finally gets his vacation/holiday time. Of course it's now only two weeks instead of four because they are leaving. His boss is turning out to be someone I don't particularly care for. As you already know John joined the ship early so he could take leave. Well he also extended his time so John was stuck out there and in charge the whole entire time. I just hope this guy is not going to take advantage of John's good nature.


Yesterday I got my shipment of Aussie goodies which I was very excited about! Everything made it ok and last night Mackenzie got to try a Scotch finger biscuit/cookie. She loved it as you can see by these pictures. I haven't really opened anything else yet. I guess I'm a little scared that once I do I'm going to devour the whole lot! Maybe I'll have a milo tonight!!

1 comment:

Belynda said...

Glad to see something I bought her finally fits hehehe big kisses for you both xxxx