Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baby Shower, we're going to Disneyland (I think) and Mackenzie's green nose!!


Brittny, Mackenzie and I! (I should have taken off my sunnies!)

Yesterday we went to Brittny's baby shower and it was a great afternoon. She had it at a cafe in a suburb called La Jolla. It's right by the coast and has some spectacular views! The cafe wasn't near the ocean, but the food was great and Mackenzie and I had lots of fun. She did a great job being good and even managed a smile or two to some of my friends. She's not a big social smiler when we are out and about!

Brittny opening Mackenzie's gift for DJ

Brittny was there when Mackenzie was born and her little boy is due almost a year to the day that she was born. It will be nice for Mackenzie to have a little play mate once he gets old enough to play with. Mackenzie got DJ (his name is going to be David James like his Daddy) some feet rattles, wrist rattles and a big rattle. She also helped to make the card. If you look closely it's her foot prints. My plan was to make blue foot prints on a white card, but when I looked at the ink it said permanent so I wasn't going to risk Mackenzie having blue feet forever!

Opening our other gift


We got her a bouncer and some burp clothes, but you can't see them.


A group shot (the waitress had to take this photo on everyones camera...I was lucky enough to get the shot where Mackenzie is looking!)

During the shower Mackenzie's nose started to run. At first I thought maybe it was just from some pollen or something because we were outside. As the day went on however it began to turn green, and below is what we woke up too! (Sorry Marnie if you read this...you might want to look away!) She is still her happy self, she just sneezes quite a bit and hates me then having to wipe her nose with a tissue! I'm guessing she picked it up when we went out on Thursday. I hope it doesn't hang around too long!

This is what I'm dealing with today!


She's still happy though!

Yesterday we got an email from John and he said "I guess we can swing Disneyland"! So I guess I'm (I mean Mackenzie) is getting her way! It only took two emails from Mackenzie! I guess Daddy is a bigger softie than I thought he would be! I'll have to keep you posted on our plans. John comes home this week so I'll let you know once we have it planned!

1 comment:

Belynda said...

Hey sis, even the snotty nose made me feel a little queezy..