Monday, August 10, 2009

Yet Another Week on Our Own


Standing up with little help from me!

John left again today, so Mackenzie and I are on our own again. He'll be back next week, but I'm not meant to give out dates and days so I'll let you all know a little closer to the day. It was nice having him home for the short time he was home. On Thursday he took a day off and we spent the day running errands. We have a lot of little things to do that we don't seem to ever have the time for! Apparently when he does get home he'll be taking some time off which will be nice...as of now I'll believe it when I see it!
We had Dakota over this weekend and I totally forgot to get any photos. I've actually been dropping a few hints that I want a new camera for Christmas. Mine is getting a little old and takes a while to turn itself on. I also have the problem of the camera having a slight delay between me pushing the button and the photo actually being taken...not the best with a baby! These photos today took forever because Mackenzie would pose then move right as the photo was taken...but back to Dakota. Mackenzie was a little reserved at first, but she warmed up to her soon enough. Dakota is doing good and will be starting high school in a week or two.

Showing off her glasses!

Mackenzie is doing great and is cutting her top two front teeth! She's still giving me trouble when it comes to eating, but we did have a slight win when it comes to the bottles. I tried a "y" cut nipple and she drank some juice from it! I tried formula tonight however and she didn't want to drink it. I guess I'll have to break out the dreaded pump again.
We really haven't been up to a whole lot and this week will probably be a lot the same. On Thursday however I do plan to go to a meeting held by some of the wives on the ship so I can meet some other people. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make a friend or two and have some company while John is gone. I'll let you know how that goes.
Saturday Mackenzie and I will be going to my friend Brittny's baby shower. I'll be looking forward to catching up with my friends! So hopefully my next entry will be a little more exciting for you! :)

No comments: