Wednesday, September 2, 2009

39 Weeks Old Today...and a Vegemite Kid Too!


Eating her sao with vegemite!

Today Mackenzie finally started to show that she also has Australian blood running through her veins! I gave her her first taste of vegemite and she loved it! I got it on the camcorder too, so Mummy was very excited! Unfortunately though she began to choke on a piece of sao (they are yummy Aussie crackers) so near the end I look like a terrible mother recording my child while she chokes! She was fine though and will definitely be getting more vegemite from now on! She is 39 weeks old today...time goes by too fast!

Showing off all her hair

Yesterday we went and spent time in her new classroom and she did a lot better than I thought she would. I was with her the whole time, so I'm sure when she's left there alone it will be a different matter. It was good for me though to see that she will be ok eventually. At first she sat right next to me and looked about. She whimpered a little then gradually crawled off to explore the room. She played with the toys and touched a few of the children. She also attempted to steal a few bottles which I found rather funny considering she won't drink from her own!
As for when I start...I still don't know. It's a privately owned center so my boss has to wait for the owners to meet with me. That was meant to be yesterday. My boss basically needs me to start asap so I could be starting next Wednesday or possibly the week after that. I'm not too stressed out about it however as it buys me more time with John. He has all of next week off of work so I'd prefer to be with him.

She's such a Daddy's girl!

We are off to Disneyland tomorrow and I can't wait! We will be spending three nights up there and will be coming home on Sunday. I've packed a mountain of stuff for Mackenzie! I always over pack for myself so you can only imagine what I've thrown in for her! I've got all her Disney clothes because of course she has to wear Disney! I've packed a cute dress because we plan to go to a nice dinner one night. I've got clothes in case it gets cold at night, her bathing suit, food and a bunch of other stuff! I'll let you know just what I end up using! Tomorrow she will be wearing one of her Minnie Mouse onesie with the cutest pink tutu I saw the other day and just had to buy!! I'm still undecided about what princess outfit I'll get her...I'm sure John is dreading me walking into the Disney store!!

She has six teeth now...here she is showing them off!


Queen (or princess as her shirt says) of the remote!

So next time I write there will be lots of photos of our little trip! Happy Labor Day weekend to all you American readers!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

LOVING the spiky hair look, and the bandana too! Have a fab time at Disneyland!! Can't wait to see the pics. xxxxxxxxx