Tuesday, March 3, 2009

School Work Completed...Next Task Mackenzie in Her Own Bed!


This is Mackenzie one hour in to trying to get her to sleep!


Five minutes after I took these pics she was asleep!

So I survived my week of lots of study and everything got handed in on time! It was actually kind of good in a way because I was a lot more organised and did a lot less procrastinating. I learnt that I can get a lot accomplished in my day if I just stick to the task and don't allow myself to be distracted! Sunday night I was down to my final paper and had about a quarter of it still to write. With the clock at about five hours to go all I had to do was get Mackenzie to sleep so I could finish it up. These photos of her are her attempts to stop me from reaching my goal. She just wouldn't go to sleep! She just kept on talking and smiling, then she would talk some more. She was just so cute that I had to take some photos, five minutes later she was asleep and I got my paper finished with time to spare!
Apart from school work we didn't do much else last week. On Saturday we did catch up with my friends for lunch which was great. Mackenzie was a lot more friendlier to my friend Marisa, although she did sit across from the table most of the time eyeing Marisa suspiciously! She even spoke and smiled a little to the girls so I think she's getting a little more comfortable around people. It was a beautiful weekend here, so Mackenzie got to wear some of her cooler outfits, which she looked so cute in!



Her outfit that Grandma Ruth got for her.

So this week starts the task of getting Mackenzie to sleep in her own bed. I'm actually starting today and right now as I type she is starting to voice her unhappiness at being in her bed. Why can't I just keep her in the bed with me...she sleeps through the night!!?! Why did I ever start this bad, bad habit!!?! She's breaking my heart! Please go to sleep!
We don't have anything planned this week. I'm just getting through the study and trying to keep my house in order. That is another reason why I need to get her sleeping in her own bed, at least during the day. I don't get much done some days because I'm laying down with her trying to get her to sleep. Ladies, don't ever take your husbands for granted! I could really do with having mine around some days.
Speaking of John, he's still out to sea and will probably be there until the end of March. It feels like forever! I don't like him being out for this long, because I don't get to talk to him as much as I want too. The good thing about it for him is that his time flies by. Once he finally does get back to Bahrain we should get to know exactly when he will be coming home.
There really isn't much else to tell you all! We just get through our days as best as we can and I try to get as much as I can accomplished. I'm getting there, but could always manage my time a little better. Maybe once I do get Mackenzie taking naps in her own bed I'll be on the right path. Wish me luck!!...It's very quiet now, maybe she's asleep? Yes...one small victory to me!


Mackenzie's original Valentine's Day outfit before the weather turned cold!

No comments: