Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bond's Girl


In her Bond's pj that Auntie Binny got her!

Sunday night was the first night Mackenzie wore her Bond's pjs! Auntie Binny is always asking for photos of her when she wears the clothes she bought her, but most of them are way too big! She is now finally big enough to wear her pjs and she looked so cute in them!! She looked like such a big girl. I just wanted to wake her up and squeeze her all night! For my American readers who are wondering just what the big deal is about these Bond's pjs, it's just a major brand in Australia, kind of like Hanes I guess. They make underwear and baby clothes. They make the cutest little what we call singlets for babies (which I guess look like wife beaters) and Mackenzie has enough of them to last her till she turns 2!! (Thanks Mum and Binny!)



We haven't been doing much of anything lately. On Saturday though we did go over to Brittny's house to watch Twilight. Brittny and her sister are obsessed with all things Twilight. They have read all the books and were quite excited about the movie! I thought the movie was ok, but I think I would have liked it a lot more if I had read the books. It was a good night though. We ate junk food, watched the movie and it was just good to have some grown up conversation! When we first got there Brittny passed Mackenzie to Dave (her husband) and Mackenzie started screaming!! Poor Dave! She is obviously not used to seeing males! I wonder what she's going to be like when she first sees her Daddy? After she had settled she went back to Dave and had a great time.
Speaking of Brittny and Dave, today they officially found out that they are going to have a baby! I've been holding on to that secret since Sunday and I'm so happy for them!! They were a great support to me while I was pregnant. Brittny was there to see Mackenzie come into the world so I'm glad that it has finally happened for them. Her due date is almost exactly the same as my original due date was when they told me November, so Mackenzie will have a new friend almost a year younger than her!

Today Mackenzie is 16 weeks old and she is getting bigger and bigger! I weighed her today on the Wii Fit and she's 13.6 pounds! She's been rolling over every now and then, mainly from her tummy to her back and yesterday was the first time I heard a big giggle. It was the cutest!! I tried to make laugh again today, but she wasn't having it! This week she's been doing this thing at night where she'll go to sleep for about 10 to 15 minutes, then wake up again and cry for the next 30 or so minutes! It gets a little draining after a while. Tonight was a little better, she went back to sleep without the tears so I'm hoping we are seeing the end of that!
My cousin Amanda wrote on her blog about Henry out growing his bath and I'm starting to have the same problem! Unfortunately though I don't have the little helpers that Amanda does so at the moment I'm trying to make do with her bath. Some days though I think we end up with more water out of the bath than we do in!! Another reason John needs to hurry up and come home! I seem to be needing his help more and more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little Bonds girl is so cute and big now, I thought it would be ages brfore she got into them.... Give her lots of kisses from all of us in Aust Love Binny xxxx