Friday, March 13, 2009

A Very Long Week!


Mackenzie and her new doll!

It's been a week that I'm so glad is over! Mackenzie has been testing me a lot. My computer got a virus. I've got next to no study done and I'm just kind of tired. Losing the computer was tough. I do all my study on it and at the moment it's the only way I communicate with John, so as you can imagine I was not happy when I realised I had a virus! I also discovered how addicted I am to facebook! I was going crazy not being able to see what everyone was up too! I guess I need to go out and get myself a life! (smile)
So the virus! It's actually quite scary/smart the way they do it. On Wednesday I turn on the computer and these messages start popping up and it looks like my computer is doing a scan and then it tells me that I have infections on the computer. They make it look like it's part of the windows program so I follow the directions and get to a page where it tells me that I have to purchase a program. When I get to that I stop and think 'wait a minute'!! I use my own security thing and it scans and tells me everything is fine. From there I try to go on the Internet and every time I try to do something I get a screen that tells me I have to purchase the program to fix my computer. Then I realise I'm in trouble. Somehow I've managed to pick up a virus, so I try to see if I can fix it, but knowing nothing about computers I know I'm not going to be able to do anything about it. I try to call McAfee who are the security option that I use and they want to charge me! When they tell me this I'm talking to an Indian who I can barely understand so I lose on him!! I can't believe they want to charge me to fix something that their program should have stopped in the first place! Anyway this is starting to get a little long and whiny so to cut a long story short I had to pay someone to come out and fix it. I won't even tell you how much that cost me. One thing though it was kind of scary at how much they make it look like a windows program. The guy who came out told me that they do that so people buy the program which is kind of bogus. What they want is your bank details which they in turn sell them. You are also at the mercy of these people by where you go on the Internet...so be careful!



On Tuesday Mackenzie and I went to Target for a little shopping. I think she's a shopper already because she cries until I pick her up out of the stroller/pram. Once she's up she looks around and loves it! Anyway I saw the doll and showed it to her. She smiled and reached for it so I just had to buy it! She's so cute with it too. I'll put it next to her and she hugs it, then it goes straight into her mouth! She also sleeps with her too. Now I have two babies in the bed! (smile) She is sleeping in her own bed, mainly during the day. I've kind of decided that John can help me with this problem when he gets home because I'm a little tired of failing!



This is Mackenzie after we got home and she finally took a nap!

John is doing fine and still out to sea. He actually called yesterday which was what I needed this week. His first question for me was, "Why haven't you emailed me?" For a split second I thought maybe I should stop writing more often! I know that he can't call me when he's out at sea all the time, so it was nice to hear his voice. I think he'll be out for at least another two weeks so I have my fingers crossed that he'll be back in Bahrain soon.
I can hear Mackenzie waking so it's time for me to go...till next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mackenzie looks absolutely adorable sleeping with her new doll!!!

I'm glad you got your computer fixed even if it was expensive. Life isn't the same without technology.

I hope you have a great weekend.