Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ghost Hunting in San Diego!

John and I in the General Store area of the house!

The guest room where I think there are some
unusual spots over the bed!


The stair case looking down, where you
can apparently see Mrs Whaley at the top
of the stairs...notice the dot in the middle of
the staircase!

This is me in the theatre they had
in the house...notice the dots above
me to my left!


It's been a great weekend! Ever since I've started school on Saturdays we seem to stay in a lot more, but this weekend we made an effort to get out of the house. It's been a beautiful weekend here with finally no rain, which made it a lot easier to get out and about.

Yesterday we went out for dinner and a movie. We went to this seafood restaurant that I forget it's name (and it wasn't Red Lobster!) and the meal was fantastic!! After the meal we went to the movies and saw "Be Kind and Rewind". It was the worse movie we have seen in a long time. I recommend waiting until it comes on TV, because DVD rental is still too much money for this film. We were kicking ourselves that we paid to go see it, especially when our other option was "There Will Be Blood".

So today we headed out and had breakfast at Bondi! They make the best breakfast there and I always enjoy hearing an Aussie accent or two! After that we headed over to a place called Old Town. It's basically where the first settlement in San Diego was and there are a bunch of original houses still there. It is a mixture of Mexican and English style buildings and they have all sorts of stores and museums set up in the buildings. Today we went and saw Whaley House which is reportedly meant to be one of the most haunted houses in America!! Apparently the land was used for executions before Mr Whaley bought the land and built his home there. There is also reports of Mr Whaley, his wife and some of his children making "appearances" there. While we were there we didn't see anything, but I took some photos and there are some spots there. I'm calling them orbs and John thinks I'm strange...but you be the judge!! They have tours of the house at night, so I want to go back and see how different it is at night. Let me know what you think of the photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I remember Jodie B taking me there when I stayed with them waaaay back when. Sorry to hear about John's deployment, that's going to be very hard.... You should definitely come back to Oz for a holiday & hang out with your old buddies to make life more bearable! Take care, Mel x