Sunday, March 16, 2008

No Easter For Me!


The latest addition to the San Diego Chargers!!

Well another week of work, school and study, and I'm feeling a little worn out! This week we're heading into is my Spring Break so I don't have class, but I should still do some study! One of my classes is kind of easy which is good because my other one is proving to be a little stressful. It's not that it's hard or anything like that, but I have a professor who is very particular and I think gets some kind of enjoyment out of making you re-submit stuff. I leave that class on Saturday feeling like I need a drink!!
Yesterday we had this wild winter storm here! We've been having beautiful weather up until the afternoon when it started to rain. We had a lot of wind and hail which was kind of cool! At some point during the night I even heard thunder! Coming from Darwin I'm used to thunder, but I haven't heard it in a long time. Today it has been freezing. We didn't get any rain, but the air was really cold. I was happy to spend the afternoon at home bundled up.
I guess this weekend coming is Easter, so I hope all you Aussies enjoy your extra long weekend. We don't get one day off here as it's viewed as a religious holiday, so it's not recognised. I still haven't accepted the fact that I no longer get a four day weekend. I tell the girls at work about it, and they all can't believe we get that many days off in Austraila. We also don't get hot crossed buns here, so please enjoy yours over the weekend and think of me!! (smile - I really miss those!!)
Today we went to Bondi for our traditional breakfast. They are now having Sunday sessions so we're going to have to go one of these days. For $8 you get a bbq and a beer and I think they also have live music there. You wouldn't believe how much I love going there just to eat sausages!! They get them sent over from Australia and they are devine!! We don't get sausages here like those in Australia!
We went to get Dakota a little something for Easter today and John came home with a new addiction. He bought a new football (gridiron for you Aussies) game for his Xbox 360 and has been playing it all afternoon. A game on this thing takes just as long as it does to watch one!! He says he plans to try the game by himself to prefect his skills before he goes on-line to take on virtual strangers! Lets see if he can do better for the Chargers. I've included a photo (approved by him) of him hard at work!!

No comments: