Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A lot of news!!

My Easter wreath!

Ok, so for those of you who read this...sorry it's been a while since I updated you on my life!! I just never seem to have enough time in my days! Well I hope you all enjoyed your Easter. As you already know through my various rants, we don't get any time off here so I didn't get the four days of rest and relaxation that all you Aussies got to enjoy. I am also not a huge fan of some of the chocolate here so we didn't go the whole Easter egg thing. I miss the Humpty Dumpty eggs of my childhood! I did get a little into the Easter spirit however by getting a wreath for our door. (which reminds me...I need to take that thing down!) I've included a photo of it for all to see!
As I already mentioned John got his football computer game for his Easter present, so this week I got mine. It wasn't what I was anticipating, but I like it just the same. Ever since I've started driving here I've been asking for a navigator for the car. So for Easter we got one, and John loves it!! It's left me wondering just who really got the gift!?! It is really cool though because it came equipped with maps for the entire country as well as Canada and Mexico and it has lots of little sections to make looking up things easier. You can type in addresses, or look for a store name and it will give a selection starting with the closet one too you. It's going to come in handy when John is gone.

My Garmin navigator!!

On Sunday we got to test out the navigator when we went to SeaWorld for the day. It was a lot of fun and the day was beautiful. John gets to go for free once a year for being in the military, which is nice! We got to see the Shamu show and a dolphin show and we got to touch some sting rays and some star fish. The sting rays feel very slimy and you can feed them along with dolphins and seals at certain times during the day. We also got to see the Beluga (I think thats how you spell it?) whales which are my favourites! John also got his free taste of beer so he was a happy camper. SeaWorld is owned by the Budwieser people so they have a little area that talks about the history of the beer and of course a tasting section! I really had a great day.
Me and Shamu!
My Beluga whales!

John and his free beer!!







No comments: