Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good news and bad news!

Well John finally got his answer this week, and it's not exactly the news that I wanted to hear. He'll be deploying to Bahrain for a whole year and I can't go! I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that he'll be gone an entire year, so I'm still a little emotional about the whole thing, but I'm so glad it's not Iraq or Afghanistan!! He found out today that he's going to Bahrain and he will report there June 14th. He hasn't even been back a year from his last deployment and already he'll be gone.
I'm trying to stay positive, afterall I knew what I was getting myself into when I married him. At work there is actually three other girls who have boyfriends or husbands that are also going away, so at least I'll have support. We are calling ourselves the "lonely hearts gang!" So the next few months are going to be busy as we tie up loose ends, spend lots of time together and I need to finish up my classes. Life feels a little crazy at the moment. Anyway I just wanted to keep you up to date...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi! Loving your blog. I've added it to my favourites. I'm really sorry to hear about John's deployment. That's tough. But like you said, at least it aint Iraq or Afghanistan and I'm glad you'll have the support of the girls at work who are going through the same thing. Anyway, look forward to keeping up with what's going on with you. I'm so nosey. Loving the photos of your apartment by the way! Jess x