Sunday, January 24, 2010

Daddy's Care Package!


All packed up and ready to go see Daddy!

I'm attempting to put together a little care package for John for Valentine's Day and thought it would be a cute idea to get some pics of Mackenzie in the box. Of course she was a willing participant as she loves to climb into anything these days! So I guess I'll try and send her to Daddy, dirty face and all!

"Surprise Daddy!!"

I'm doing my best to process the news of John being extended. I got to talk to him last night and he is not taking the news too good. I have never experienced him down like this, so I'm trying my hardest to stay positive for him. They haven't been given a date for going home, so at the moment he's a little pissed off with his decision to join the ship. It was tough talking with him because he wanted to know about Mackenzie, but then I could tell he was upset about what he's missing out on. Please keep him in your thoughts and keep your fingers crossed for us that we get a date for home coming soon.

"I hope you like these Daddy, I picked them myself!"

Yesterday we went to visit my friend Brittny and to see her little baby. He's so cute and so little. It was kind of hard to comprehend that a year ago Mackenzie was his size and I was in their place. We had a nice visit and Mackenzie had fun pigging out on her snacks and eventually warming up to Brittny and Dave. Unfortunately though later that night Mackenzie threw up and I was in a complete panic that I had taken some bug over to Dj. Brittny said he's fine and so is Mackenzie so I think she might have just had eaten too much or eaten something that wasn't good for her.






1 comment:

Jess said...

Lovely pics Jodi! So sorry to hear about John being extended. I hope that you are reunited very soon and that he gets to stay at home for a loooooong time. Mark is going away for a month on Saturday for work and whenever i start stressing about how I'm going to cope for a month on my own I think of you and remind myself not to complain! You're amazing. xxx