Saturday, January 9, 2010

Big girl class!


All dressed up and ready for her first day in the big girl class!

Another week over with and can you believe that by the end of next week we will be half way through January already! I kind of hope that the time continues to fly like this so that John will be home before we know it! This week was our first full week back at work/school in about two weeks so we were both exhausted by the end of it! I was lucky to be staying awake long enough to get Mackenzie to sleep at night. This week saw Mackenzie move up into my classroom and it went better than what I expected it too!
Monday and Tuesday went great, but from Wednesday on wards she began to throw little tantrums whenever I left the room. This got a little tough at times because we have to leave the room to change diapers/nappies so she got to test out her lungs and peoples patience a bit for the last three days. I think with a little more time though she'll get there. We have begun to call her a cheese junkie because if she's pitching a fit before lunch or afternoon snack we give her some of her cheese and she's happy!
Funny story about her obsession with cheese...the other day we were at the store and I got her a small block of cheese because she loves it so much. She held onto it the entire time we were there and got very unhappy with the cashier when we had to take it away from her. I gave it back to her and she held on to it all the way home!

Taking her nap on Monday!

She loves to go outside and she's holding her own with most of the big kids. I have to admit I get a little nervous when I see her approach them, especially the ones I know can be mean, but so far they have been nice with her and the other little ones and she doesn't seem to be scared to "tell" them when she's not happy with them. She also loves arts and crafts and each time we've done it she's gotten very mad at me when I've had to take the crayon or marker away from her. She also has joined the dancing club. I like to play a lot of different music for the kids, not just all the kiddy stuff all the time. She loved the Grease soundtrack from yesterday and has also become a Michael Jackson fan along with the other kids. It's so funny to see them when the first beats of Billie Jean begin. They all start bopping their heads! Other music they like to hear is of course some country (Taylor Swift is very popular) and some ABBA!

Taking a nap with her friends

Snack time

Mackenzie also has another new word. One of her friends is called Deuce (it's his nickname actually) and she began to say that yesterday. She refuses to say Mama, but she'll call out to Deuce every chance she gets! I guess John will have to meet her little boyfriend when he gets home.

Sitting next to Deuce for snack

Apart from work/school there is nothing much to tell you about! I'm doing fine and I'm making sure I try my best to maintain Mackenzie's school schedule here at home. Today she's had her lunch and is off for her nap (in her own bed) so now it's time for me to do all the stuff I have to do around the house! If we continue this way I might even get some time for myself again!
John is doing fine and still out to sea. I have no idea when he will be pulling into port, but they haven't had a port call since October so I imagine it won't be too far off. They are still shutting down the email system every other day it seems so we don't hear from him a whole lot, but I did get to talk to him last week which was nice. Mackenzie also got to talk to him but didn't say anything. I think she's going to be in for quite a shock when he does come home and she sees that he's not just a face in a photo!
Hope you all like the pics and I'll have more for you next week!

This is how we found her napping yesterday!

No comments: