Monday, February 2, 2009

Two Month Check Up



So today Mackenzie had her two month old check up today which meant shots! I was so nervous!! Her check up went well. She now weighs 11 pounds 9 ounces and is 22.5 inches long which puts her in the 50th percentile for both! Everything else is going great and I got some extra pointers and advice on getting Mackenzie to sleep in her own bed.


(this photo was the last one I took today...I was trying to get the band aids in and she was over it!!)

She had two shots and an oral shot (I guess) and we have to go back again for another one because they had ran out of one of the vaccines. The oral one she threw up a little, but we eventually got her to have some more and she managed to keep that down. The nurse said that she should be fine with that dose. When I saw the syringes I teared up a little...I was so nervous about what was going to happen. The nurse was pretty fast and Mackenzie did scream, but she settled down rather quickly once I picked her up. It wasn't as bad as what I was imagining it to be. It is going on the list though of things I would rather John do!




She seems to be doing fine so far. She was a little unsettled and it took me a while to get her to sleep tonight. (yes she's in my bed!) She had a slight temperature, but I've given her some infant Tylenol so I hope her temperature remains low grade or better still goes away! Apart from the vaccination we missed, unless she gets sick we don't have to go back until she's four months old.





So Mackenzie and I never seem to get any photos together! I had managed to misplace my camera for a few days so once I found it again I figured self portrait time! These are my favorites. As you can see I didn't have much luck with the whole self portrait because I cut myself out! It was fun just the same! I don't know if you can see, but it looks like her hair is starting to go a little reddish!



I managed to get through my first week of school. Mackenzie doesn't really let me get a whole lot done during the day. Some days I had her on my lap and typed one handed! That got old kind of quick. Now I'm getting most of it done at night. Mackenzie has kind of comprised with me though as she has now moved her bedtime forward by an hour which is giving me more time once she's asleep. Before I was getting her bathed and in bed starting at 7, but this past week at around 6 she starts having a melt down so she goes to bed earlier. The school work is going good though and I got good points for everything I have turned in so far.




John is back out to sea so we haven't heard too much from him. He is having trouble with email so he has been able to write to me, but my emails don't go through. I know that has to be tough, because I don't like it when I don't hear from him. He has been able to call occasionally on the satellite phone, but we are not able to talk for long. It is good to hear his voice though. I will just be so happy when he comes back home. We miss him a lot!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah so cute sis, the girls look at my pics and say she looks like a ginna....Bel xx

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's two months old already Jodi! She's getting cuter by the day. Love your self portrait pics. By the way - that blanket you have, the pink one with the brown circles on it, I have exactly the same one but it's pistachio green with brown circles. I think it's a 'Swaddle Designs' one. I've got a couple of them - they're lovely. Can't wait to actually use them.
Jess xx

Anonymous said...

she is a definite little cutie, i love her!
and honey she isn't a little red, she's a ginger...LOL
so gorgeous jod's and i'm glad school is going well for you.
xxx

Unknown said...

She's so cute. I do like the reddish hair.
Nancy

Misworld said...

She is so cute, cant believe shes getting so big