Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Another Week


Not a lot happened this week after our visit to the doctors. Mackenzie recovered well from her shots and we spent most of the week hanging out at home. Her sleep patterns have been a little out of whack which has been a little exhausting. With her not allowing me to get my study done during the day I'm doing it at night and now go to bed sometimes after midnight. Over the last few nights she has started to wake up an hour or two after I've gone to sleep; then she's been getting up at 6! As you can imagine after a while it gets exhausting. I've been kind of tired. On Saturday I ended up with a terrible headache so we napped and took things easy. Last night and tonight have been a little better, so fingers crossed the restless nights were due to the shots and we are getting back to normal.
We have had a lot of rain this past week which has been nice. The only problem with that is that I desperately need some food! Tomorrow there is meant to be a break in the weather so we are out to get some groceries. It's amazing how something as simple as going to the store can become a problem when you have to add a baby to the mix!
Yesterday we went out to lunch with some of the girls I used to work with. It was great to get out of the house and have some adult interaction. I can get a little lonely at times, so it's always nice to have someone to talk too! Mackenzie was a good girl, but I had to laugh because for some reason she didn't seem to like one of my friends. Marisa would talk to her and her lip would drop! It was cute! I'm sure she really does like Marisa though!
John is doing good and still out to sea. Not getting to talk to him is beginning to take it's toll on me. It's tough after a while. I get emails from him, but getting to talk to him is so much better. I can start to feel a little down after a while. I'm hoping that this week I get to talk to him. I am kind of glad though that we are half way through February though...hopefully time will continue to fly so he can come back home to us!

No comments: