Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Valentine's Day


Mackenzie's Valentine's outfit!

Today was Valentine's Day and although it was a little lonely we had a good day. I sometimes give John grief because he's not romantic enough for me, but today he did a great job so I'm feeling loved and special. He got me some beautiful roses and he also called for a little while on the satellite phone which was a great surprise! I got Mackenzie a cute little Valentine's outfit too which she looked adorable in. I originally bought her a little dress, but it's been cold here lately so I got a second outfit to make sure she was warm. I'm sure she'll get to wear the dress at some point, and she'll be able to wear both outfits numerous times before she grows out of them!


She's just so cute!!




As I mentioned it's been a little cold here lately. We have had quite a lot of rain also so we have been sticking close to home. We are meant to be getting more rain again tomorrow so we aren't going anywhere! People in San Diego drive even crazier than what they normally do in the rain so I'm not going to have Mackenzie out there unless I actually need too!



Mackenzie playing!

Mackenzie is doing great and is getting bigger by the day. She is so cute!!! She smiles and talks a lot and is trying to roll over. She still doesn't allow me to get too much study done during the day so I'm up late at night, but at the moment I'm not feeling over whelmed. I'm getting good grades so I'm not worried about it. I don't like studying on a Saturday night though. Like right now, I'm trying to do anything but open up my text book!



John is doing fine and still out at sea. I think he'll be back in Bahrain by next month. He recently found out where he will be going next and it will be a ship, which means we are staying in San Diego for at least another two years. It's called the USS Bonhomme Richard and if I remember correctly I believe it's a troop carrier. I have my fingers crossed that it's not deploying any time soon. I don't think I could handle him joining the ship and leaving again. I just want him home with us! The good news about this is that he'll be home earlier than expected. I'm not sure of the exact dates yet because he has to go to school in San Antonio (I think) first, but I think he'll be home in July! I'm really looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Misworld said...

She looks so adorable. I am so glad he will be back sooner than expected. Thats so great for you

Anonymous said...

she's looking cuter by the day Jodes! And fantastic to hear that John should be home earlier than expected. xox