Monday, February 23, 2009

More time!


Mackenzie in a new outfit!

Well another week done and I can't believe February is coming to an end. Time is flying!! We had an uneventful week. I was very unmotivated when it came to school so last night saw me typing away wildly until about 10:30. I was a little worried too because Mackenzie just wouldn't go to sleep. As frustrating as the situation was I was laughing because every time I told her it was time to go to sleep she would smile and talk back. I'm starting to think that I may have trouble on my hands. She eventually went to sleep and I got my study done.
This week however is a totally different story. I have so much work to do I'm actually a little worried as to whether I'm going to get it all done on time. I have two assignments due on top of my regular workload. Today once I realised that I made a small start, but with Mackenzie not allowing me much time during the day I think I'm going to have some late nights.
I was going to start working on getting Mackenzie into her bed this week, but I'm going to put it off a week. I don't have the time to deal with her screaming and waking up every 30 minutes. I know it might sound like an excuse, but I really don't have the time this week. It is definitely times like these when I really wish that John was hear to help.


Mackenzie wearing jeans for the first time!

This week we went and had lunch with Dakota and it was nice catching up with her. She is doing good and will be getting braces in April. She's also going to Florida in April for her Spring break so April is going to be busy for her. Mackenzie was a little mean to her big sister though because she wouldn't smile for her (she wouldn't even look at her) and she cried not long after Dakota held her. I told Dakota though that sooner or later Mackenzie won't leave her alone, so it shouldn't last like this too long.
On Sunday we went to a birthday and that was where she wore her new outfit. The birthday was for one of my friends son and they had it at this beautiful park that over looked the city. I had a great time because I got to catch up with my friends and also some of the families I used to work with. They all thought Mackenzie was the cutest and she was on her best behavior too!



I guess the party was a big day for her because she went to sleep in the car and stayed that way for about an hour after we got home!


So these are our fish, Keith and Nicole (Nic is the orange one)and when I saw this I just had to get a pic. Now I've heard that fish don't have much of a brain, but I think I might possibly have two of the smartest fish around. Nicole always likes to mess with me. She swims upside down. The first few times I saw her do it I had a heart attack, because I would look into the bowl and think she was dead. Once I tap on the glass she would return upright and swim off. Lately however she's been doing it a little more than usual. I think it might have been because she wanted her water cleaned. I got to it the very next day however when Keith started swimming on his side. I thought he was dead, but again just faking. Since I've cleaned their bowl they have been swimming like normal fish, or what is normal for them...they love to hang out like this with their top fins out of the water.
This week will be all about study. I don't have any plans other than trying to get all this work done on time. Fingers crossed that Mackenzie will help me out with that! She will be 12 weeks old this week. I can't believe how quickly it's gone, but already I can't imagine life without her. She's just so cute, and her personality is coming out a little more each and every day. I think she's going to have her Daddy's sense of humor!
John is still out at sea and it feels like forever! It's been over a week since I've spoken to him and it's starting to become a drag. This deployment has been a really tough one and I can't wait for it to be over. I just want him to get back to Bahrain so I can hear from him on a regular basis. Well until next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know there's so much else to say but I can't believe you have fish called Keith & Nicole -- hilarious!
xox