Monday, January 26, 2009

Still in my bed!


I guess she's already over the photo thing...sticking her tongue out!


Well I think my last entry was a little premature! Getting Mackenzie to sleep in her own bed is proving much more difficult than I ever imagined. She screams! I mean really screams!! It just breaks my heart and my ear drums then stresses me out, so I have kind of given up. Going to sleep in general however seems to be tough for Mackenzie because the last few nights she had cried and screamed and that's with her going straight into my bed. I guess I'm just creating my own problem here, but I figured in order to keep my sanity I'm going to spoil her a little. I just don't want to get myself all stressed out about it when I'm on my own. Maybe that's a bit of a cop out, but it's my excuse for this week!
We had a pretty good week last week. On Wednesday I had my check up to make sure I'm healing up after the birth. It was a little frustrating after I was kept waiting for an hour to be seen. Luckily Mackenzie stayed asleep the whole time! She woke up as I was just pulling into the house so that was a bonus. On Saturday I had to go do a diabetes blood test to make sure that I don't have diabetes permanently so fingers crossed I get good news back from that!


Mackenzie in her new Marie outfit, getting ready to go meet Sophia!

On Thursday Mackenzie and I went to meet her friend Sophia. My friend Jennifer gave birth to Sophia about four weeks after me so it was great to see them both! Mackenzie and Sophia basically slept most of the time, but I'm sure with time they will become the best of friends! Sophia is so tiny! I had already forgotten how small Mackenzie started out!


Mackenzie smiling!

Mackenzie is starting to smile and talk a lot more these days! She is so cute when she smiles! I have been trying to get it on camera for some time and finally had a bit of a breakthrough this week! I try to get as many shots as I can for John, but some days as soon as she sees the camera she gets upset!
I have started school this week which I'm hoping Mackenzie will allow me time to get things done! I'm doing two classes, and they both seem to have a heavy work load so I'll either be up all night doing it or I'll get a little tougher with Mackenzie and she'll "sleep" in her bed! Today was a little tough. I've done a lot of one handed typing! Fingers crossed I get my work done!
John is doing good and heads out to sea tomorrow. As per usual he can't tell me how long he'll be gone for, but I hope that I get to hear from him through email. He's been a little under the weather these past few days. I imagine all that travel finally caught up with him! He gets to talk to Mackenzie on the phone when she is awake, which she enjoys! We just hope the rest of his deployment flies by so he can come back home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Mackenzie's smile!! It's sooo cute