Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back to Normal


Mackenzie in her party dress


Me and Mackenzie at the party!


Brittny and Mackenzie


Sasha with Mackenzie


The birthday girl after her cake!
We have survived our first weekend on our own and are somewhat beginning to get into a routine. Yesterday we went to Emily's 2nd birthday party which was a good day out. I used to look after Emily at the centre since she was a baby, so it was a great opportunity to catch up with friends and some of the families. Emily had a great time eating and jumping on the jumping castle! She also liked trying to give Mackenzie lots of kisses.
Earlier in the week we also went to my old job for a visit. Everyone fell in love with Mackenzie and it was good to see everyone. The kids scared me a little because they all wanted to look at her, which meant a whole bunch of kids swarming around her stroller! She stayed asleep through it all though which was a good thing. Once we got home however I found she left me a lovely surprise when she pooped all over her clothes and car seat! It was a lot of fun cleaning that up!
Sleeping is still proving difficult, but I'm determined to get Mackenzie into her own bed. Last night she cried and cried and screamed until she eventually fell asleep in her bed. I thought I was home free until she began to wake every 15 minutes or so screaming. I eventually had too much and placed her in my bed where she fell asleep in a minute and slept for five hours. I know I have to get her into her own bed, but I'm not going to stress myself out about it. Being on my own I figure the last thing I need to do is stress and upset myself. My friend Brittny has given me a book on the subject so I'm going to begin reading that and hopefully be able to put the advice into action!
Next week is my last week before my classes start. I have my doctors appointment on Wednesday and then on Thursday we are going to visit my friend Jennifer and her new baby Sophie which we are looking forward too!
John is doing good and finally back to Bahrain after a unbelievable week! He was meant to fly back on a military flight, but didn't get on the first one, then the next plane was delayed several days due to weather and maintenance problems!! He ended up having to purchase a ticket and made it back Saturday night...he left here Monday morning!
I got to go...Mackenzie has just woken up (from her nap in my bed) and wants to be fed!

No comments: