Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

On Thursday it was Thanksgiving and I was invited over to my friend Brittny's house to spend the day. It was nice to get out and meet some new people rather than sit at home by myself for the day. We had a great meal. Brittny's husband made turkey which was really yummy!! There was also stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce. It is a little different to what I'm used to coming from Australia, but it was good just the same! I was a good girl and left before dessert too, so my sugar levels were ok for the day.
I've had a quiet weekend. I'm slowly working through getting the house ready and just taking things easy. I've been getting very tired these days and I make sure I take the time to have a nap when I'm feeling like that. Maybe it's my body allowing me to get all the sleep I can before the baby arrives!! Today she has started to dig into my ribs which at times has been quite painful, so I guess she is running out of room! I'm beginning to feel uncomfortable for long periods of time, so I guess next Monday can't come soon enough for me.
John is doing fine and still at sea. He has been calling me almost daily on the satellite phone which has been really reassuring for me. Now that she's so close to arriving it's starting to get tough knowing that he's not here. I can't wait for him to come home!! I have had the time to adjust to the idea of the inducement and in a way I'm looking a little forward to it. It will allow John to spend all the time he can with her before he has to go back. I will definitely admit that I'm very nervous, if not scared of labor, but the uncomfortable feeling I have now is getting a little old!
This week I have nothing planned apart from appointments. I really want to go see Australia, so I'm going to find the time for that!! On Tuesday I have my tour of the labor wards and that area, so I don't go in there totally not knowing what's going on. Wednesday is my fetal assessment appointment where they check on the baby's movement and see if I'm contracting or anything like that. Then on Thursday it's my regular appointment with my usual doctor so as you can imagine I'll have a million questions for him! I still feel fine driving and all that, but my plan is not to go too far from home in this last week. I think it will all be about taking things easy this week. If anything changes I'll update you all on the blog!

No comments: