Monday, November 17, 2008

My Worse Night Ever!!!

This weekend I got really sick! I either had food poisoning or the stomach bug that was going around work, but whatever it was I was as sick as I have been in a very long time. It all started around 11pm as I was about to go to bed. My stomach didn't feel right and the diarrhoea began (sorry to gross you out). I was up and down all night. Then at around 2am I threw up. Thank goodness that only happened once. The unfortunate part was that I didn't make it to the bathroom in time so I made quite a mess. It took about an hour to clean it all up. It was horrible!! I'm just glad I didn't get any on the carpet. Once I had everything cleaned up, including myself I was able to get some sleep. Yesterday I basically spent the day sleeping and trying to recover. I haven't eaten much, but I'm making sure I drink plenty of water to keep myself hydrated. According to my pregnancy book none of this affects the baby, but I need to make sure I stay hydrated which is what I've been doing. The baby has been moving around quite normally so I don't think any of this has really affected her!
So as you can imagine my weekend didn't really amount to much! I was aiming to knock out a lot of my Christmas shopping in an effort to be organised before the baby gets here. I managed to get a lot done on Saturday before getting sick so I am on the road to having it all done! This week is my last week of work and I'm looking forward to finishing up so I can take the time to relax a little. Saying goodbye to the kids and my friends will probably be tough, but I'm looking forward to not having to get up at 5am every morning! I'm wanting to get the house organised before the baby gets here so it won't be all rest and relaxation.
This week I did get to meet up with my cousin which was really nice. The last time I ever saw him was when he was a baby, so as you can imagine it's been a long time!! He was at the end of his world trip which had taken him to places like Paris, Amsterdam and Las Vegas to name a few. We had dinner and caught up on life, and it was really nice to meet up with him after all these years. After San Diego he went back up to LA then on to San Francisco and now I think he's on his way back to Sydney.

My cousin Danial and I.

John is doing well and has finally made it back to Bahrain. I found out yesterday that he is going out again, I believe at the end of the week which had me in a little bit of a panic. I began to stress out that he wouldn't be able to come home, but he reassures me that this trip won't be long and he'll still be home on the 8th. This deployment has been tough. With him coming and going all the time it gets hard to stay positive. I miss him a lot and I'm really looking forward to spending these three weeks with him.
So that's all the news I have for this week. I'm going to go now and have an early night so that I continue to recover from this stomach bug...hopefully I'll have better news for next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jodi you poor thing! That sounds awful. And you didn't even have someone there to look after you. Hope you're feeling back to normal now. And yay for only having one more week of work left - you lucky thing! Don't work to hard - hope they give you a good leaving pressie! :-P xxx