Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baby Update!


Me at 37 weeks and 4 days...getting ready to see the New Kids on the Block!!

So Yesterday was my regular doctors appointment and I had to go see a doctor I've never seen before as my regular doctor was out for the Thanksgiving holiday. It all started out with my getting really frustrated because I was kept waiting for over an hour! I finally got into the exam room and it's just like every other appointment I go to. He looked at my sugar levels, listened to the baby and measured my tummy. As we are talking he asks me where I come from. When I tell him I'm from Darwin he tells me that his daughter was on the USS Mercy and his wife met her in Darwin. At the end of the appointment he tells me to come into his office to look at some photos. I go in there and look at the photos of their time in Darwin, then the doctor drops my bomb shell. He asks me when is my induction date? I tell him that I don't have one and he says that I need one because with my diabetes they don't normally allow mothers to go full term. He looks up his little date thing and tells me December 5. I tell him that John won't be home until the 8th and his reply is, "Well he'll come home to a new baby." As you can imagine I'm starting to freak out a little because the last thing I want to do is go through child birth on my own!! I tell him that I really want my husband there, so he relents a little and tells me that I'll be induced on the 8th of December!! Poor John will arrive about 10:30 in the morning and we need to be at the hospital by 3:30 in the afternoon. I've told him that he needs to get all the sleep he can on the plane! So there is my news; I'll be induced December 8th. Our baby will be here either that day or the next!
I'm still kind of processing it all. Of course I need to verify with my regular doctor if this is what's going to happen, so I'll let you all know for sure next week. I knew that she was coming, but to have an actual date was a little over whelming! With time to sleep on it and John knowing about it I'm beginning to feel better about it. For me, just knowing that John will be there is what is keeping me together. It will also be nice for John and I to have that time together with the baby before the family gets here.
So last night the baby got to go to her first concert! I survived going to see the New Kids on the Block and it was fantastic!! I got to relieve my youth a little along with all those other middle age women! The baby didn't mind the music, but all that screaming she did not like! She gave me a bit of a hard time after a while, because as you can imagine all those women didn't stop screaming at all! Anyway they sang all my favorite songs and I had the best time!!! I can safely say that I'm still a huge New Kid fan!!


The girls I went with (they dressed up 80s style) Krista, Chrissy and Marisa



Me and Cassie!


The New Kids!



Singing the Right Stuff!!




Singing I'll be loving you forever!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Jodi!
1. I can't imagine how weird it must feel to be given an induction date. Now you have this date looming before you, but in the most exciting way possible! Thank god he let you put it off a few days until John gets there. I'm so excited for you....I can't wait!!!!!
2. It's too funny that you went to see NKOTB! What a blast from the past. I haven't seen them perform since they reformed but I kind of imagined they might look like a bunch of awkward middle aged dads trying to look cool so I'm glad to hear they've still got it and you enjoyed the show. I wanna go see them now............lol.
Anyways, take care of you and bubby. Lotsa love, Jess xxxxx

Amanda said...

good luck. After Jamie's induction I was totally against doing that again, but Henry ended up being induced too, and it was totally different. My advice - walk around as much as you can after the induction starts - generally makes things move along quicker!

Leonie said...

Hi Jodester

That is soooo exciting. I remember being a little scared too. I turned up for my normal appointment too on a Friday and was told I would be induced the following day. So at least you got to pick a date. Scared the hell out of me, 3 weeks early Zoe was. All will be good for you though, good luck and make sure you keep in touch.

Hey - when do your mum and Binny get there???

Leonie
xoxoxoxoxo