Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jennifer's Baby Shower


Me at 35 weeks




Jennifer and I as our bellies grow!



Jennifer with part of my gift...I got the same doll for our little girl too!

Today was Jennifer's baby shower and it was a lot of fun. Like I've already said she is about three weeks behind me so our babies will be friends!! My friend Brittny drove up there because Jen lives probably about 30 minutes away from where we live. Today has been a bit of a crazy day weather wise. It's cold (which I'm enjoying) and it rained when we were driving there and back! Anyway it was a good time catching up with my friends. We ate, played some games and looked at all the gifts Jennifer got. I even managed to win a game!! It was the diaper game where they placed a bit of chocolate all smashed up into a diaper and you have to guess what kind of chocolate it was. I was surprised that I got most of them right, especially when I haven't been able to eat chocolate in months!! It got this cute little candle set which I think I might set up on my scrap booking table.
Everything is going well with me and the baby. My doctors visit was good and he is very happy with my sugar levels. I'm now onto my weekly appointments so my next one is tomorrow. I also have another appointment tomorrow with the fetal assessment unit. (I think that's what it's called) I think they are just going to listen to the baby for 30 minutes or so to see how she's going. I also have another ultrasound booked for my 38th week, so hopefully I'll get one last picture of her before she comes.
Work is fine, although I'm getting really tired these days. Luckily for me I have been getting sent home early most days which I'm really grateful for. My boss has also given me tomorrow and Tuesday off too so I'm looking forward to that little break. I now have only 8 working days left. I'm going to miss my friends, but with my back and hip hurting as much as they do I'm looking forward to finishing!!
John is doing fine and I think is on his way back to Bahrain. I got an email on Friday telling me that it was the last one from that address that I was going to get, so now I'm just waiting to hear from him again. It is now basically four more weeks until he comes home for the birth so I'm really looking forward to seeing him. Fingers crossed the baby can wait until he gets here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we decided to drive up together, being such a long one. Plus with the rain, I would have been worried about you. It was nice catching up on the drive too!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit uncomfortable but I guess that's to be expected by this stage. You're looking really well though. Now just crossing my fingers for you that the little lady stays put until John gets home! xx