Monday, November 24, 2008

My Last Week of Work!

I made it! Friday was my last day of week and I am very relieved to be done with it. After the stomach bug I started to get a head cold so I think in the end it was probably the best time to leave. I think I need to be away from all those germs you can find in a child care center for the remainder of my pregnancy. I can't believe she's almost here!!
My final week went quickly. I got to go home early for some days which was great. On Thursday the girls had a surprise pot luck for me so that was nice. Friday, my last day was a long day. All the babies were a little demanding for my final day, so I was glad to call it a day in the end. Saying goodbye to my friends was fine. I told myself and them that I would be seeing them soon, so it wasn't like it was a final goodbye. I'm actually going to be seeing some of them tomorrow, so I haven't even gone a week without seeing them!
So now that I'm not working I'm taking things easy. I'm getting the house organised slowly, and making sure I get plenty of sleep! I believe the baby's room is ready. I'm sure there is something I've forgotten, but I guess I'll find out when I need it! We are having some really nice weather at the moment which is also making me feel a lot more comfortable. I'm hoping that it remains like that for the remainder of my pregnancy.
This week is still a busy week for me even though I'm no longer working. I have three doctors appointments; my regular appointment, my visit to the fetal assessment unit and an ultra sound. I have one appointment tomorrow and the other two are on Wednesday. Everything is still going great. My sugar levels are doing well and the baby is still moving about, especially when I want to sleep!
Also this week I have the New Kids on the Block concert and Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is the concert and I'm really looking forward to seeing them. The doctor gave me the ok, so hopefully the baby will enjoy herself. For Thanksgiving I am going to a friends house for dinner. My friend Brittny has invited me over, so it will be nice to have some company. I'm bringing over some pumpkin pie, which I'm still not used to eating. I've tried it, but coming from Australia I still think of pumpkin as a vegetable! Give me some roasted pumpkin any day!!!
John is doing good and will be here in two weeks. I'm counting down the days till I get to see him! At the moment he's away again which is making me extremely nervous. He's assured me that he'll be back in Bahrain in time to catch his flight, but I don't think I'll be entirely confident until he's on the plane! I just hope that this is a really quick trip!
So to all the American side of my family and friends who read this I hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day! Enjoy your turkey, family and friends!!

No comments: