Sunday, August 17, 2008

A much better week!

I guess my title says it all. I've had a much better week this week! My head cold is a lot better and my sugar levels seem to have improved a lot too so I'm happy. I'm back to the doctor tomorrow, so hopefully he will also be happy and I won't have to go ever week like I have been. I just hope that he's happy with my numbers!
Well I haven't been doing a whole lot with myself. Yesterday I went out for lunch and a movie with some of my friends and it was great to get out of the house. We went and saw Tropic Thunder and it was a really funny movie. Robert Downey Jr was meant to be an Aussie, and I think he was kind of channeling Russel Crowe a little. They had all the usual Aussie stereotypes in there, but it was funny just the same! Tom Cruise has a surprising role in there too which I thought was the funniest. I could never imagine him doing a role like this. Anyway if you get the chance go and see it!
John is doing fine and has found an apartment to live in. He'll move in sometime in early September. This week he's going somewhere he couldn't tell me so I probably won't be able to talk to him as often as I have been. He also wasn't able to tell me when he was coming back, so I'll probably be a little lonely not getting to talk to him. As long as he can email me I'll be happy!! I miss him a lot.
The baby is also doing fine, and likes to move about when I'm trying to go to sleep! The other day she was moving and for the first time she pushed against my hand. It was a great feeling because when I try to feel her she stops moving! I still haven't begun shopping for her yet, so I guess I should probably make a start on that one of these days. My friends from work are telling me that I should register at Baby's Are Us and I think I will. I felt a little funny about that, but people just want to spoil her so I guess I just need to be grateful. I'm not sure if you Aussies will be able to use the register, but I'll ask, just in case you want to buy something.
No photos this week as it's a little boring being on my own. This week we have a little end of summer thing at work so I'll be sure to break the camera out for that so you have something to look at. Have a great week and come on guys start your own blogs up so I have something to read!! It really is easy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi jodi

how did the doc appointment go?
i spend too much time on the computer at work...i don't want to have to be on it at home too so thats why i don't have a blog and my facebook page gives loads of info!!
mum & i leave in a few weeks for our holiday, so starting to get excited about that.
take care

marns xxxx