Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Week of Nothing Special


Well another week has gone, and it passed with no great happenings! I've been battling a head cold now for what seems like weeks and this week it was one of those bad ones. It really is the pitfall of working with kids, especially the infants because their noses are running all the time. I managed to get some early days to go home and sleep which was great...but not so great when you don't get paid for it. I'm a little bummed with my job at the moment. Working for a big corporation definately has it's problems. At the moment our enrollments are down so in order to maintain the giagantic profits Kindercare makes they are cutting everyones hours. We have lost one girl already and it probably won't be long before more start quitting because they're not getting enough hours. We actually had one of our big bosses in this week and when our director told him about the hours situation he told her that he didn't care.
School is going fine although I need to get motivated on the study! My class on Saturdays is a little crazy. My professor seems to have extremely high standards and I'm not sure anyone really knows just exactly what she wants. I guess we will all find out once we get our first assignment back! My Wednesday night class is a lot less stressful. A lot of my assignments are worked on in class, so I'm happy with that. This week we are doing a whole bunch of science experiments which should be fun. My group is in charge of making flubber!
We've had Dakota over this weekend which has been nice. At the moment her and John are out washing the cars. Last night we made our own band on Rockband! John went to bed early so our band was called "THE GIRLZ!!!". Dakota is much better than me on the drums! I gave it up around 12:30 this morning and she was still wanting to play!
Anyway I've included a photo that I took of myself today so you can all see my new haircut that I got yesterday! Can you believe that after all these years of straight hair I have some kind of wave in the back which gives my hairdresser a hard time! She does a good job of cutting it though so much hair remains looking straight!

No comments: